Amanda Holden sends good luck message to Declan Donnelly as he prepares to host Saturday Night Takeaway without Ant McPartlin

‏The Britain's Got Talent judge tweeted ahead of the show: "Sending our love tonight #GoDec @antanddec @itvtakeaway."


She posted a picture of a boxing glove with the supportive message.

Tonight’s episode was the first time Dec has appeared on TV without his co-star Ant since they first made their television debut in Byker Grove in 1989.

As it aired, Dec was swarmed with support from fans who said they had been left in tears watching "brave" Dec present alone – including Stacey Soloman.
She said: "Absolutely brilliant @itvtakeaway Dec was amazing. True proffessional. 💛 laughed and welled up the whole way through."

His fans said about tonight's show: "I love Dec so much, he is so brave to be doing the show on his. Want to give him a big hug, hope to see Ant soon, miss you."

Another added: "Loving Saturday Night Takeaway! I'm so proud of Dec @antanddec absolutely owning it in a difficult situation, keep up the good work! @itvtakeaway".

Starting their careers as actors, the duo had a brief musical career before landing their ideal job of hosting children’s TV show, SMTV: Live.

Over the past few years, the pair have become the faces of British TVs most loved shows –including I’m a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here and Britain’s Got Talent, as well as Saturday Night Takeaway.

Ant – who entered rehab last year following a prescription medication and alcohol addiction – has returned to a facility after relapsing

He was charged with drink-driving following a collision on March 18, and is expected to appear in court on April 4.

Last week’s episode of Takeaway was pulled from the air as a result, and fans took the opportunity to share their favourite clips from the show in its absence as ITV1 aired The Voice in its place.

However, Dec and the production team decided to complete the show’s run and air the remaining two episodes.

In a statement released on the pair’s split official Twitter account, Dec wrote: "Whilst I never thought I'd be in this position, after much discussion and careful consideration we've decided that the remaining two shows of this series of Saturday Night Takeaway will go ahead.

"We made a promise to take hundreds of deserving winners to Florida to watch the series finale, and we will honour that.

"Everyone at ITV and the Takeaway team feels we owe it to the audience to complete the series. Dec x."


Got a story? email digishowbiz@the-sun.co.uk or call us direct on 0207 782 4220

We pay for videos too Click here to upload yours.


Source: Read Full Article

Leave a Reply