First Dates: Singletons Anna and Vince appeared on the show on Monday night [Channel 4]
First Dates returned last month for another series, and one hopeful Emma thought she’d been set up after she was matched with her ex-boyfriend.
It’s not the first time that’s happened. Two singletons, Anna and Vince, turned up for their date – only to realise they’d also been on a date 20 years previously.
It’s not easy to go on the popular channel 4 dating show.
Here are 10 behind-the-scenes secrets…
1. The online application form asks for your details, including your body type, height, marital status, if you have children and what you enjoy doing in your spare time.
The restaurant sees over 14 dates a DAY while filming [Channel 4]
2. It’s a rigorous process – there’s a telephone interview AND a recorded interview.
3. Head waiter and Maitre D’ Fred Sirieix has been on the show since 2013, and is the general manager at Galvin at Windows, a Michelin-starred restaurant at the London Hilton on Park Lane.
4. Waitress CiCi Coleman is actually an actress who trained at New York Film Academy and has starred in three independent films.
5. Stephanie Davis’ ex Sam Reece once appeared on the show, and received death threats on social media after asking his date to split the bill.
Stephanie Davis’ ex Sam Reece appeared on First Dates [Channel 4]
6. Contestants don’t get a free meal, but they do each get a £25 contribution, and your travel and expenses are covered.
7. The show is filmed at restaurant Paternoster Chop House near St Paul’s in Central London.
8. There are 42 cameras covering the whole restaurant, filming 14 dates a day.
9. Competition is high. Over 1,500 singles applied for the recent series.
Fred Sirieix plays a very important role on First Dates [Channel 4 ]
10. Celebs to go on the show include Scarlett Moffatt, Jess Wright, Jo Wood and Richard Blackwood.