James Franco skips Critics’ Choice Awards after five women make sex misconduct claims against him

JAMES Franco failed to show up to the Critics’ Choice Awards on Thursday night.

His no-show came just hours after five women made sex misconduct claims against him.

James, 39, has been accused of taking the genital guards off actresses during an orgy scene – which his lawyer strongly denies.

He scooped the comedy award for his role in The Disaster Artist at the star-studded ceremony.

Actor Walton Goggins said when he announced the winner: “James couldn't be here tonight to accept this, so we will accept it on his behalf.”

The Golden Globe winner was dragged into the sex scandal sweeping Hollywood after several women made allegations against him.

Two former student actresses described negative on-set experiences with the actor-filmmaker while being directed by him in a Los Angeles Times article.

Sarah Tither-Kaplan said in a nude orgy scene three years ago, he removed plastic guards covering the actresses' groins while simulating sex.

James’ attorney Michael Plonsker disputed all of the women’s allegations and directed The Times to the actor's comments earlier this week, when he said he “completely supports people coming out and being able to have a voice” and promised to “fix” anything he had “done wrong”.

Former students spoke of an alleged unprofessional culture at his now-closed acting school Studio 4, where he taught a sex scenes class.

Two women claimed James became angry while shooting a strip club scene when none of the actresses, who were masked, would go topless.

James’ attorney, Michael Plonsker, disputed the allegations to the Times.

He said: “The allegations about the protective guards are not accurate.”

He also provided a statement from “The Long Home” casting director Cynthia Huffman, in which she claimed she did not receive any complaints during filming and that she “personally checked on all the actresses constantly to make sure they were okay and comfortable.”

Cynthia said in the statement: “James is all about giving up-and-comers, actors and actresses and young filmmakers a break in this business.

“I feel horrible that anyone was made to feel uncomfortable but we went to great lengths to make sure all the actresses in the nude scenes felt comfortable and safe.”



Source: https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/5324162/james-franco-skips-critics-choice-awards-after-five-women-make-sex-misconduct-claims-against-him/

Leave a Reply