Hours after Jason Bateman apologized on Twitter for comments made to the New York Times about Jeffrey Tambor’s inappropriate behavior, Tony Hale took to social media to say sorry.
“I have reached out to Jessica personally to apologize. Arrested Development is one of my families. Regardless of my intentions, it is clear that my words, both said and unsaid, served to minimize Jessica’s pain and for that I am extremely sorry,” Hale wrote Thursday morning.
Tambor told the Hollywood Reporter earlier this month that he berated Walter on the set of “Arrested Development.” She didn’t comment on the story at the time, but in the New York Times interview released on Wednesday, Walter, who plays Tambor’s on-screen wife, said, “He never crossed the line on our show, with any, you know, sexual whatever. Verbally, yes, he harassed me, but he did apologize. I have to let it go. And I have to give you a chance to, you know, for us to be friends again.”
Both Bateman and Hale tried to excuse Tambor’s behavior, with the latter noting, “We’ve all had moments … we’ve worked together 15 years, there has been other points of anger coming out.”
Co-star Alia Shawkat interjected, “But that doesn’t mean it’s acceptable.”
“Arrested Development” returns to Netflix for its fifth season on May 29. Tambor’s in the Emmy race for the Netflix comedy, but Amazon shut him out for “Transparent.”
Source: Read Full Article