Bolton fights back tears as he addresses indecent assault charge

North Queensland front-rower Scott Bolton has fought back tears as he addressed an allegation of indecent assault levelled at him following a night out in Bondi.

The 30-year-old said he had been cleared to play for the Cowboys against Wests Tigers at Leichhardt Oval on Thursday night but he remains in Townsville after flying there having being arrested and charged by police in Sydney.

Charged: North Queensland prop Scott Bolton.

"I understand that our members, partners and fans would like me to talk about the allegation that has been made against me," Bolton said.

"However, since this is a matter that involves the police and the NRL integrity unit, I am unable to make any comments about the incident right now.

"What I can say is that I am taking the matter very seriously and cooperating fully with both the police and the NRL integrity unit.

"I have been approved to play by the NRL and the club during the investigation and so will work with the coach and our football department to decide whether I will play this week or not.

"I would ask that you respect the privacy of my wife and my family who are supporting me through this difficult time."

Bolton was granted conditional bail and is due to appear in Waverley Local Court on June 19.

Source: Read Full Article