Reds boss has been frustrated in his attempts to land the Bundesliga midfielder
But he could still find the funny side after joking his next bid for the midfielder will top over £260million.
Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp was in good spirits when asked about Naby Keita
Liverpool have had three bids for Naby Keita rejected
The Reds have had three bids for the 22-year-old rejected with the latest reaching a stunning £70m.
But as RB Leipzig continue in their stance not to sell their key player, Klopp has been forced to turn his attentions elsewhere.
The German boss was in good spirits after watching his side thrash Hertha Berlin 3-0 on Saturday.
Summer signings Dominic Solanke and Mohamed Salah were on the scoresheet but it was Keita who was the topic of conversation in the post match interview.
Speaking to Sky Deutschland, he said with a smile: “Our next offer for Keita is €300million!”.
Leipzig boss Ralph Hasenhuttl was also quizzed on Keita’s future but remained adamant that he will not leave the Bundesliga club.
Jurgen Klopp joked that Liverpool will bid €300m for Naby Keita
Ralph Hasenhuttl says there is no chance of Naby Keita leaving RB Leipzig
RB Leipzig star and Liverpool target Naby Keita back friends with Diego Demme
How Liverpool could line-up under Jurgen Klopp in 2017-18
He said: “That chance [of his leaving] is ‘null’. It is 100 per cent clear that Naby will play this year with Leipzig.
“At the beginning of the transfer window we said we could start with the same team with all the main players we had last year and that no one will go and that will be our answer now also.
“Everyone can see now how important Naby Keita is with our game.”