Manchester City coach Mikel Arteta covers up derby wound again as he boards City’s 20 minute flight to Swansea

MIKEL ARTETA continues to keep his scars from last weekend’s Manchester derby under wraps as the FA give more time for both clubs to submit reports of their version of events.

The City coach suffered a cut forehead after being struck with a bottle during the ugly post-match dust-up with United on Sunday afternoon.

Mikel Arteta continued to cover up his Manchester derby scar today

Arteta was left with blood streaming down his face after Jose Mourinho clashed with Ederson due to City’s noisy celebrations in the away dressing room.

Both sides now have until 6pm on Friday to hand over details of the scrap to the Football Association.

But Arteta continues to cover up his wound, shielding the cut from prying eyes with a woolly hat ahead of City’s trip to struggling Swansea.

The former Arsenal and Everton midfielder pulled up to the Etihad campus wearing the City-branded beanie this morning.


The City coach was hit on the head by a bottle and left with a bloody cut

And Arteta was later spotted donning a baseball cap pulled down low as he boarded a flight to Wales with the rest of City’s players and backroom staff.

Reports in Spain claim he had been hit by a bottle chucked by United’s Romelu Lukaku, who had a direct impact in both of City’s goals at the Theatre of Dreams.

But football fans and the media alike will now have to wait a while longer as both clubs prepare to get their reports for the FA in order.

Claims of punches being thrown have been dismissed by both sides, and the Greater Manchester Police are yet to open an investigation after an officer present at the scene reported that no criminal offences had occurred.

Pep Guardiola has defended his players after the controversial fight at Old Trafford

Guardiola insists he urged his players to celebrate noisily in the away dressing room

City and United must submit details reports of their version of events to the FA

The FA have extended deadlines for the reports until 6pm on Friday


Leave a Reply