Brazilian came face-to-face with his former employer at the flashy awards bash in London for the first time since ditching the Nou Camp for the Ligue 1 side
NEYMAR spoke with Barcelona president Josep Maria Bartmoeu for the first time since his move to Paris Saint-Germain in London on Monday – and he insists there was no bad feeling.
The 25-year-old shocked the globe in the summer when he left the Nou Camp for the Ligue 1 side in a world-record £198million move.
His blockbuster transfer followed reports that he had fallen out Bartomeu and his fellow Barca chiefs.
But he Brazilian denied those claims at The Fifa’s The Best Awards last night.
Neymar, who was beaten to the player of the year crown by former team-mate Lionel Messi and the winner Cristiano Ronaldo of Real Madrid, told Radio Marca: “I spoke to Bartomeu in a normal fashion.”
Despite claims that he wanted to get out of Messi’s shadow at Barca in order to help him be recognised as the planet’s best player, Neymar did not seem to upset to have missed out on the top gong for 2017.
And he believes that Ronaldo was deserved winner.
The Portuguese star helped Madrid to win La Liga – but Neymar believes it was his efforts in inspiring the Galacticos to retain the Champions League that helped him to collect the Fifa Best award for the second successive year.
He added: “Yeah, it weighs a lot, of course, the Champions League.
BEST OF THE BEST Fifa Awards: Cristiano Ronaldo, Olivier Giroud… and Celtic the big winners as football royalty descends on London
“I congratulate him, he deserves this, he has done a lot in football, he is a very respected guy and with Messi he is one of the two stars of world football, and I am very, very happy to be in the final three.”
Neymar was controversially sent-off on Sunday for PSG during their draw with Marseille and will now face a one-match ban.
The ex-Santos ace will now miss Friday’s clash against Nice at the Parc des Princes.
He had earlier scored to take his tally to ten goals in 15 matches for the French side.
Meanwhile, Neymar has blasted Marseille’s fans for throwing baguettes at him during the feisty clash at the weekend.
Police had to protect him from the missiles thrown from the crowd whenever he went to take a corner.
He said: “The supporters threw all sorts of objects at me. I could have had lunch.”