A sleek hotel and several other buildings in lower Manhattan were evacuated Wednesday morning after manhole fires outside created dangerous carbon monoxide levels inside, FDNY officials said.
The underground fires on the Lower East Side were reported around 10:55 a.m. The Hotel on Rivington at 107 Rivington Street and
SAVANNAH, Ga. — Authorities say two people died inside a Georgia home where the air was filled with carbon monoxide.
Savannah police said in a news release that 91-year-old Martha Brown and her son, 70-year-old John Duncan, were found dead Tuesday in a back room of the house. Firefighters
Extras actress Ashley Jensen has said she "had no idea" her husband of 18 years was capable of committing suicide, an inquest has heard
Emergency services were called to actor Terence Beesley's home in Camerton, near Bath, on the afternoon of November 30 last year, where they found the
A British family-of-nine who say they were gassed on a five-star ski break in France were told their horrifying ordeal was caused by 'too much snow'.
Three generations of the family are seeking compensation from their holiday company, claiming they narrowly escaped fatal carbon monoxide poisoning in their beds
A plumber has shared his installation horror stories including a photo of one boiler which was suspended just feet above a bath.
A new Twitter campaign based on the #sightforsoreinstalls hashtag has taken off on the social network and Gavin Yeomen says he has plenty of examples he has
BOONE, N.C. — Attorneys say the family of a boy who died from carbon monoxide poisoning at a North Carolina Best Western hotel in 2013 has agreed to settle wrongful death and injury lawsuits.
The family’s attorneys said in a news release Monday that they agreed to settle the
A teenage girl died and 20 others were injured in a carbon monoxide poisoning incident in New Jersey, a report said.
The 13-year-old girl was inside a three-story home in Perth Amboy when cops discovered her unconscious and rushed her to the hospital — where she died, according to
PARKS, Ariz. — An Arizona family of four, including two young children, staying in a northern Arizona cabin has been found dead of possible carbon monoxide poisoning.
The Coconino County Sheriff’s Office said the bodies of the four family members were discovered Monday in Parks, Arizona, following a request
A teenage girl has died of carbon monoxide poisoning after having sex in a car while the engine was running.
Alena Styukhina, 15, was killed when toxic fumes filled a garage in Russia as she was allegedly seduced by a male racer.
Artyom Dorogov, 22, is said to have turned
BERLIN — Images taken by a new European satellite show the levels and distribution of air pollutants around the world, including ash spewing from a volcano in Indonesia.
The European Space Agency released images Friday made by its Sentinel-5P satellite that show high concentrations of nitrogen dioxide in parts
Tragedy struck a family in Alaska last week from an unlikely source: their refrigerator.
The propane-powered appliance at their cabin near Big Lake started leaking carbon monoxide, causing the death of a 10-year-old boy and sickening other family members, the Alaska Dispatch News reported.
When Sarah Kleb’s daughter Caroline complained of a