He asked Phil: "What, you wanna make one with me?" after an awkward exchange in the crowd.
Phil – who is the longest-standing Soap Awards presenter – said the actor was "scaring the life out of him" before suddenly telling the EastEnders hardman to "back off".
Viewers praised the moment as "iconic" as Phil "put down" Danny Dyer during the fake heated exchange.
One said: "Philip schofield shutting down Danny dyer is better than any scene on any soap in any year ever."
Another added: P"hillip Schofield shouting at Danny Dyer has made my night."
Someone else said: "Got to love Danny Dyer and Phillip Schofield."
Danny Dyer – whose daughter Dani is going into Love Island – failed to win a single nomination in the soap awards.
He looked miserable throughout the show, with fans commenting that he didn't raise a smile when Coronation Street was crowned Best Soap over EastEnders.
What are the winners of the British Soap Awards 2018?
- Best Actor – Jack P Shepherd, (David Platt) Coronation Street
- Best Actress – Lucy Fallon, (Bethany Platt) Coronation Street
- Best British Soap – Coronation Street
- Villain of the Year – Connor McIntyre, (Pat Phelan) Coronation Street
- Best Single Episode – Three Mothers, Three Daughters, Hollyoaks
- Best Male Dramatic Performance – Ross Adams, (Scott Drinkwell) Hollyoaks
- Best Female Dramatic Performance – Lucy Fallon, (Bethany Platt) Coronation Street
- Best Comedy Performance – Ian Midlane, (Dr Al Haskey) Doctors
- Best Young Actor – Isobel Steele, (Liv Flaherty) Emmerdale
- Scene of the Year – joint winners Bollywood Proposal, Doctors and Lauren and Abi Brannings' rooftop fall, EastEnders
- Best On-Screen Partnership – Malique Thompson Dwyer and Theo Graham, Hollyoaks
- Best Newcomer – Lorraine Stanley, (Karen Taylor) EastEnders
- Best Storyline – Lily's self harm, Hollyoaks
The winner of the Outstanding Achievement was Rudolph Walker from EastEnders- See our guide for a full list of the nominations.
It was the first British Soap Awards broadcast live on ITV with host Phillip Schofield celebrating the awards' 20th anniversary.
Despite mainly going without a hitch, viewers were left outraged when the show came to a very abrupt end.
Coronation Street's Helen Worth announced she had just 30 seconds to make her speech on behalf of the cast and crew after winning Best Soap because the two-hour show had overrun.
Host Phillip Schofield edged closer to wrap up Helen's speech after being told the show had overrun.
But while making his closing speech, the credits started rolling while Phil was talking.
You can see the full list of winner here.
Got a story? email email@example.com or call us direct on 02077824220.
We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours.
Source: Read Full Article