Despite a triumphant season finale last week, there have been fears from fans that Saturday Night Takeaway won’t be returning to screens in the near future.
In light of Ant McPartlin pleading guilty to a drink driving charge and claims that he and Dec were partially ‘edited out’ of Britain’s Got Talent launch episode, the presenting duo’s future on ITV hasn’t been as certain as we’d expect.
Fortunately, it appears that any concern over Ant and Dec’s position as telly’s most successful hosts is unnecessary. Or at least that’s what Phillip Schofield has suggested.
As he and Holly Willoughby showed fans around the brand new ITV studios on today’s (April 16) This Morning, Schofe explained where some of the channel’s flagship shows were filmed.
Referring to Television Centre 1, Schofe said: “The next series of Takeaway might be in there, it’s that big one behind the wall that says Television Centre.”
While it’s not the concrete announcement fans might be hoping for at the moment, Phillip’s throwaway comment about Takeaway‘s “next series” seems pretty confident to us.
Digital Spy has reached out to ITV for comment.
Ant and Dec are currently on our screens now that Britain’s Got Talent is underway, but ITV announced last week that Dec will host its live finals week alone.
Show bosses needn’t worry about losing one half of its presenting dream team, though, as the 2018 series of Takeaway has been the most-watched run since its 2013 comeback.
Source: Read Full Article