Getting inspiration from fellow super star Ciara, who did the dance in Cape Town, South Africa, the Fresh Prince actor performed the special routine on the roof of the monument.
When he's safely got two feet back to ground level, Will thoughtfully refers back to the Drake song, saying: "I woke up this morning in my feelings and I was like, I've gotta let them out."
The lyrics from hit song 'In My Feelings' spawned the dance known as the 'Shiggy', with movements based on the songs words that consider various girls from Drake's past.
It was first coined by social media personality and comedian Shiggy, hence the name, and the dance began trending on Twitter before going viral last week.
Celebrities like Will Smith were quick to get involved with the challenge, replicating the moves with their own flair and officially turning it into a battle of the best.
Posting his video on Instagram and 'keeping it real', he said: "I was TERRIFIED up there. That's why my dance moves is all STIFF!"
However, he still managed to impress – with Justin Timberlake, Ciara and Diplo all praising him as a 'legend' in the comments, with son Jaden Smith adding: "You killed this!"
Even Drake himself was impressed, closing the challenging and crowning the 49-year-old as the ultimate winner, saying: "Wow, the video is done".
Among other stars who are taking on the 'Shiggy' are American football players Russell Wilson and Odell Beckham Jr, RnB singer Tinashe and DJ Khaled.
And even though they are filming for hit TV show This Is Us, actor Sterling K Brown and his co-star Susan Kelechi Watson couldn't help having a go either.
Even comedian Kevin Hart has got in on the action, alongside basketball player James Harden and hip-hop artists Lil Mama.
How to do the 'Shiggy'
1. The jerk: Get low and move your knees to the beat of the song. Add in arm movement if you feel confident!
2. The heart: Use your hands to make a heart shape towards the left side of your chest when Drake sings the words 'love me'.
3. The driving motion: Drake asks his love interest 'are you riding?', so pretend to drive with one hand at this point.
4. Finger wave: Hold out both your hands and shake your index finger when Drake says 'never ever leave'.
5. Side motion: Drop your hands beside your body and push away as if you're shoving something behind you when Drake says 'leave from beside me'.
Even though Will may have won, the trend doesn't show any signs of stopping, with a total of over a quarter of a million attempts at the dance from all over the globe on Instagram alone.
The triumphant video, which was posted only yesterday, also has over 8 million views and counting, racking up over 2 million likes.
Think you can do it better? It looks like taking to social media is your best bet and giving the latest craze a go.
Got a story? email email@example.com or call us direct on 02077824220
Source: Read Full Article