A HAPLESS workman had to be freed by firefighters when he got his genitals stuck in a ring spanner.
The red-faced tradesman checked himself into hospital after getting his privates caught.
Shocked doctors and nurses were unable to free the man's tool – and his spanner – and were forced to call in firefighters to help.
Two fire crews then arrived at Royal Gwent Hospital, in Newport, Gwent, and used specialist cutting equipment to release the spanner.
A spokeswoman for South Wales Fire and Rescue said the man had "taken tightening nuts to a new level".
A tweet from the force said: "If you're using tools, make sure you're handling as the manufacturer recommends.
"Crews from Maindee and Malpas had to release a steel ring spanner from a man who took tightening nuts to a new level earlier."
The cheeky tweet was later deleted after fire chiefs deemed it "poor taste", but not before it had been retweeted thousands of times.
A hospital source said: "He was assessed at Accident and Emergency on Wednesday morning before we had to call firefighters.
"He was very vague about how the spanner became stuck, saying it was “an accident”.
"However once he was freed he was very embarrassed but otherwise unhurt.”
https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.thesun.co.uk%2Fnews%2F5649131%2Fae-calls-fire-brigade-to-help-a-patient-who-got-penis-stuck-in-a-spanner%2F&text=A%26E%20calls%20fire%20brigade%20to%20help%20a%20patient%20who%20got%20penis%20stuck%20in%20a%20spanner” target=”_blank” title=”Click to share on Twitter