Chilling photos show Muslim convert scope out Oxford Street Disney store and Madame Tussauds for plot to mow down and kill 100 people in London terror attack

Lewis Ludlow, 26, carried out reconnaissance on a number of possible targets, including Oxford Street and tourist hotspot Madam Tussauds.

Ludlow, who pleaded guilty in court, even wrote down the places he was considering to attack before ripping the notes up and throwing them away.

The sites he was considering included "madam tussauds", "Oxford Street – busiest time…", "St Paul's cathedral" and a "Shia temple in Romford".

In one note he chillingly wrote: "Further locations scouted to kil. (sic)"

He continued: "Wolf should either use a ram attack or use…on the truck to maximise death…it is a busy street it is ideal for an attack. It is expected nearly 100 could be killed in the attack".

He hatched the plot in March and April after he was blocked from joining ISIS extremists in the Philippines.

Ludlow, of Rochester, Kent, wanted to carry out a “multiple casualty vehicle-borne assault” in central London with the aim of killing more than 100 people.

He had been due to stand trial but today admitted plotting an attack in the UK and funding ISIS abroad at the Old Bailey.

A charge of attempting to join IS in the Philippines was left to lie on the file.

He told police he was going to the Philippines as a sex tourist.




The court heard Ludlow had sworn allegiance to ISIS as he prepared for the deadly massacre.

He identified Oxford Street as an "ideal" target, writing: "It is expected nearly 100 could be killed in the attack."

Ludlow was arrested on April 18 by officers from Kent's Counter Terrorism unit with his plans later found torn in pieces in a bin.

Chilling notes included his plot to launch on Oxford Street using a van – noting the lack of safety barriers.







Cops also seized a mobile containing photos taken on a trip to London in March while carrying out reconnaissance.

They also found three videos where Ludlow – calling himself "The Eagle" spat hatred for unbelivers and ranted about his desire to establish Sharia law.

He had established a Facebook page called Antique collections, for funding so that money could be transmitted elsewhere.

The terror plotter transferred around £120 to a radicalised medic living in the Philippines.

Prosecutor Mark Heywood said: "The prosecution's case is that in February 2018, he tried to travel to Zamboanga in the Philippines.

"His intention was to join or lend support to Daesh or Islamic State's organisation in that area.

"After that, his travel did not occur because it was prevented, so he engaged in preparing acts of terrorism in the UK."

Ludlow will be sentenced on November 2.

  • GOT a story? Ring The Sun on 0207 782 4104 or WHATSAPP on 07423720250 or email exclusive@the-sun.co.uk.

 

Source: Read Full Article