Cops dramatically rescue girl, 11, after she’s ‘kidnapped by a deranged granddad planning to murder her with a crossbow then dismember her’

Sergey Vikhlyantsev, 59, had allegedly posed as a policeman with a fake ID and told Anya Vypretskaya she was under arrest after snaring her as she walked to school.

He handcuffed her and bundled her into his car before taking her to his flat where he bound her with rope and covered her mouth with sticky tape, it is claimed.

The retired shop loader’s evil plan was allegedly to take her to Moscow from her city of Kamyshin, near Volgograd, and demand a ransom from the girl’s wealthy parents.

But police say after interrogating him after he was detained that his back-up scheme if things went wrong was to kill her with his crossbow and chop up her body with a hatchet.  

Both weapons were found in his flat.

Volunteer searches for Anya got underway and 1,340 police were flooded onto the streets to search of every home in the 120,000 population city.

Posters were issued saying she looked more like 13 or 14.

Her parents Alexander, 48, and Galina, 43, issued an emotional social media appeal saying: “We’re are in despair, we are ready to meet all your conditions.

“We cannot sleep, do not eat, and keep crying.

“Please, hear us. We pray for you and our child. We are an honest family, we will keep our word.”

The man untied her when he was in the flat and on her second day as a captive she managed to use her mobile, which until then had been switched off, to make a brief call to her mother telling her she was held by a man close to a market in Kamyshin.

He had targeted her because he used to work at a shop owned by her parents and believed them to have money, say police.

He wanted cash to cover his £4,000 debt – but he stalled after the public outcry over missing Anya and failed to make the ransom demand, it is claimed.

He “got scared” by the huge campaign to locate Anya – and “planned to quietly kill  the child and dismember her body”, said head of Volgograd region police Alexander Kravchenko.

The door-to-door searches reached Vikhlyantsev after five days – and he is said to have tried to stop police entering his flat.

Then officers say they heard the girl short from inside: “You must be looking for me.”

They broke in an freed the girl, who was quickly reunited with her parents.  

Police said there was no sexual violence against the child.

Vikhlyantsev is now arrested and faces up to 12 years in jail if convicted of kidnapping the child.

Dad Alexander said he used to see the man around town.

He said: “He is the last person we suspected of being a kidnapper.

“I could never imagine so many people would support us.

“People from many towns in Russia sent me messages, and offered money to pay the kidnapper.

“Now I know that people will help when you are in trouble.”


Source: Read Full Article

Leave a Reply