Claire Ptak excitedly posted a snap of three crates of lemons on the Violet Cakes Instagram page today with the caption "And so it begins."
The happy couple's wedding cake will showcase the "flavours of Spring" with lemon and elderflower.
With just four days to go until the big day work has started to bake the buttercream-covered masterpiece.
The Royal Wedding cake will be decorated with fresh flowers and flavoured with what looks to be dozens of zesty lemons.
Claire previously said: "I can't tell you how delighted I am to be chosen to make Prince Harry and Ms Markle's wedding cake.
What we know so far…
- Thomas Markle announced he would not be attending the royal wedding – or walking his daughter down the aisle – after it was revealed he had helped paparazzi stage photographs of him
- Mr Markle said he was now too embarrassed to attend his daughter's wedding on May 19
- Thomas Markle admitted the photographs were "stupid and hammy", but that he had been trying to change his public image from that of a "beer-swilling" recluse
- Despite his decision, Palace sources say the wedding will still go ahead this Saturday
- Meghan's mum Doria Ragland is being tipped to give away her daughter instead, with Thomas Markle telling TMZ she would be a fine choice
- Piers Morgan slammed Meghan's half-sister Samantha, saying she had been a media "vulture", after she appeared on GMB to defend her dad
"Knowing that they really share the same values as I do about food provenance, sustainability, seasonality and most importantly flavour, makes this the most exciting event to be a part of."
Meghan previously interviewed Claire for her lifestyle website thetig.com – which she shut down when her relationship with Prince Harry was confirmed.
Kensington Palace said Harry and Meghan "are very much looking forward to sharing this cake with their wedding guests".
The couple will tie the knot at St George's Chapel at Windsor Castle on Saturday.
California-raised Claire formerly worked as a pastry chef for Alice Waters at Chez Panisse in Berkeley, California.
She started her own business as a stall in Broadway Market, East London, cooking from home, before opening her organic bakery in 2010.
The London-based baker focuses on using organic and seasonal ingredients in her cakes.
Last night it was revealed Meghan's dad Thomas may not walk her down the aisle.
The 73-year-old said he will not be attending the wedding after he admitted he was paid to pose for paparazzi pictures sold to news outlets worldwide.
Mr Markle also said he suffered a heart attack six days ago and last night revealed he was going to check back into hospital after suffering more chest pains.
Mum Doria, 61, may now have to give her away at Windsor’s St George’s Chapel.
Source: Read Full Article