You are here
Home > World News > Former bodyguard claims Diana ‘would be alive today if Royal family had kept her protection team’

Former bodyguard claims Diana ‘would be alive today if Royal family had kept her protection team’


Claims come just weeks before controversial documentary Diana: In Her Own Words will air

He believes that the Queen was the one person who could have convinced the princess to keep her royal security team.

It has been alleged that the Queen could have stopped Diana’s death

It has been alleged that the Queen could have stopped Diana’s death

Ken Wharfe was the Princess’s body guard for years

Ken Wharfe was the Princess’s body guard for years

Speaking to the Daily Star Sunday, Ken Wharfe said: “There is one person who could have really changed the events of that moment in 1997… or 93 actually.

“The one person who could have insisted she retained her protection was the Queen and Diana would have accepted that no question about it… and we wouldn’t be having this discussion.”

He added that he thought her security team were “completely inexperienced with a high-profile individual”.

He is adamant the princess would still be here if she had had her Scotland Yard protection, calling her team on that fateful night of her death “chaos”.

Speaking about her driver, Henri, she said: “Henri meant a lot within the Fayed dynasty and he was running the show and yet he was completely inept to operate or to conduct an operation of this magnitude ”

Wharfe doesn’t think her security team were up to scratch

Wharfe doesn’t think her security team were up to scratch

Wharf has make his thoughts on the matter known in the past. Speaking in The Life and Death of Princess Diana documentary on NBC in the past, said: “If the Queen had insisted that she retain that security then we wouldn’t be having this discussion because Diana, in my view, would have been alive today.”

The Daily Star has also been revealed that the SAS are investigating allegations that the regiment had a hand in the accident that killed her.

Alleged SAS involvement in Diana’s death came from a letter written in 2011 and made public three years ago alleging that a member of the unit had boasted that the SAS “was behind” the Princess’s death.

An inquest over the claims in 2008 found that although comments had been made, there was no proof the SAS was involved. The claims are to be re-investigated as part of a wide-ranging probe into the elite unit following claims a rogue unit carried out illegal killings in Afghanistan.

Official trailer for Diana: In Her Own Words

The claims come as Earl Spencer renewed his plea for Channel 4 not to broadcast Diana’s explosive private tapes, reports The Mail on Sunday.

In tapes, captured by her speech coach Peter Settelen, the Princess of Wales opens up about her failing marriage and criticises the Royal Family.

Friends of the Earl say he believes showing the tapes, which show the princess at her most vulnerable, is a betrayal of Diana’s memory.

The 90 minute program – Diana: In Her Own Words – is due to be screened next Sunday, three weeks before the 20th anniversary of her death.

Earl Spencer thinks broadcasting the tapes will be distressing for the princes

Earl Spencer thinks broadcasting the tapes will be distressing for the princes

Princes William and Harry discuss their late mother in new TV documentary Diana, Our Mother: Her Life and Legacy

The Earl, acting on behalf of the Spencer family, has contacted Channel 4 saying that broadcasting the tapes could cause profound distress to Princes William and Harry.

However, the broadcaster is refusing to back down and issued a statement, saying: “The excerpts from the tapes … are an important historical source.

“We carefully considered all the material used in the documentary and, though the recordings were made in private, the subjects covered are a matter of public record and provide a unique insight into the preparations Diana undertook to gain a public voice and tell her own personal story, which culminated in her later interview for Panorama.

“This unique portrait of Diana gives her a voice and places it front and centre at a time when the nation will be reflecting on her life and death.

We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online news team? Email us at [email protected] or call 0207 782 4368.

Source: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4129266/former-bodyguard-claims-diana-would-be-alive-today-if-royal-family-had-kept-her-protection-team/

Similar Articles

Leave a Reply

Top