Right-wing political pundit Glenn Beck walked off an interview on CNN Sunday after being questioned about a report that suggested his media network might be on its last legs after another round of layoffs.
Host Brian Stelter asked Beck on CNN’s “Reliable Sources” about a Daily Beast report that said more than a dozen employees of TheBlaze had been laid off and an effort to find a buyer fell through.
“Wow. Brian, thanks a lot,” Beck said as he unfastened his microphone. “I think that’s the most ridiculous question I’ve ever heard. I’m sitting here ready to talk to you about the detaining of children and parents and trying to break families apart. … We want to stop it and you want to play those games? You have a nice day.”
Beck then got up and walked off the set.
“What game did I just play?” Stelter said. ”Frankly, I thought Glenn deserved a chance to address those reports. I hope he’ll come back and talk about it.”
The two had been discussing the consequences of President Trump’s zero tolerance immigration policy that resulted in the removal of thousands of children from their parents and the reports in the media about the separations.
Trump signed an executive order last Wednesday ending the policy.
Beck created TheBlaze shortly after leaving Fox News in 2011.
Source: Read Full Article