Hackney stabbing – London death toll grows as man stabbed to death just hours after other victim battered to death outside bookies

Paramedics battled to save the man, aged in his 20s, but he tragically passed away as violence continued to sweep through the capital.

Police confirmed his death is being treated as a murder investigation – just hours after a man in his 50s died following a fight in a Betfred in nearby Clapton.

Scotland Yard said they were called at around 8pm last night after officers on patrol were approached by a man suffering knife wounds.

The air ambulance was also scrambled but he was pronounced dead around 25 minutes later.

A Metropolitan Police spokesperson said: "Shortly before 20:00hrs on Wednesday, 4 April, officers on patrol on Link Street in Hackney were approached by a man suffering from stab injuries.

"Officers immediately provided the man with first aid. The London Ambulance Service and London's Air Ambulance attended.

"The man, who is believed to be aged in his early 20s, was pronounced dead at the scene at 20:24hrs.

"Next of kin are yet to be informed. A post-mortem examination will be held in due course.

"The Homicide and Major Crime Command has been notified.

"A crime scene remains in place. There have been no arrests."

Violence has surged in London this year with the murder rate overtaking New York.

The Sun offers £50k reward for info to help lock up Tanesha Melbourne’s killer

Our posters have gone up at the scene in Tottenham, North London, where trainee hairdresser Tanesha, 17, was caught in a gang-related shooting. Her family said she was simply “in the wrong place at the wrong time”.

Shopkeeper Erdal Duman put up a Sun £50,000 reward poster in the window at Dogus Supermarket, where Tanesha was a customer and just 20ft from where she died. Erdal, 44, said: “It is very tragic. Someone must know something.”

Anyone with information should contact Haringey police on 0208 358 0100. You can also dial 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

Alternatively, call The Sun on (0207) 782 4104, WHATSAPP on (07423) 720250 or EMAIL exclusive@the-sun.co.uk

Full terms & conditions: thesun.co.uk/taneshareward

Tanesha may have been the victim of a brutal revenge hit sparked by a milkshake brawl

The latest bloodbath comes just days two teenagers were gunned down in North London bringing the total of people have now been killed on London streets since the start of the year to 53.

Scotland Yard said it is currently investigating 55 suspected murders since the beginning of 2018 – including the deaths of two children whose bodies were found in Sussex.

Tanesha Melbourne, 17, is feared to have been killed in a dispute sparked by a brawl in a milkshake bar in Tottenham.

Her murder came just minutes before 16-year-old Amaan Shakoor was gunned down and killed in what is feared to be a case of mistaken identity in Walthamstow.

The Met police are under increasing pressure to put an end to the bloodshed after eight murder probes were launched in London in January, 15 in February and 22 in March.

More to follow…

For the latest news on this story keep checking back at Sun Online.

Thesun.co.uk is your go to destination for the best celebrity news, football news, real-life stories, jaw-dropping pictures and must-see video.

Download our fantastic, new and improved free App for the best ever Sun Online experience. For iPhone click here, for Android click here. 

Like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/thesun and follow us from our main Twitter account at @TheSun.


Source: Read Full Article

Leave a Reply