Horror as tree surgeon ’electrocuted while working on a cherry-picker close to high voltage cables’

A TREE surgeon is feared to have been electrocuted when the cherry-picker he was in came into contact with overhead power cables.

Marcus Pepper, 27, was pronounced dead at the scene after emergency services rushed to Hall Grove Farm estate in Bagshot, Surrey, shortly after lunchtime on Monday.

A spokesman for the Surrey Coroner today confirmed the office had received a referral for his death.

Marcus, from Camberley, Surrey, was the owner of tree care and landscaping firm Wellington House Group.

A regular at the Half Moon pub in Windlesham, landlord Conrad Sturt posted an emotional tribute to him on Facebook.

He wrote: "Here at The Half Moon we are all in deep shock to learn of the very untimely death of Marcus Pepper someone who was very dear to us.

"Marcus was a very valued member of our team when he worked for us and he became a regular customer here too.

"Marcus was always very popular, a tireless worker, a good and decent man and always the life and soul of any party.

"We extend our sincere sympathy and condolences to his wonderful family and all his many friends at what must be a very difficult time for them all."

A spokesman for Surrey Police said that his his family have been informed of his death and the incident has been referred to the Health and Safety Executive as well as the coroner.

The police spokesman said: "We attended Hall Grove Farm Industrial Estate where a man sadly died. It is believed that he was electrocuted."

"The man's family have been informed. The incident has been referred to the Health and Safety Executive and Her Majesty's Coroner for Surrey."

It is It is understood a colleague with him on the platform leapt to safety to a nearby tree before the tragic accident.

He was taken to hospital where he was treated for minor injuries.

We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online news team? Email us at tips@the-sun.co.uk or call 0207 782 4368 . We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours.

https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.thesun.co.uk%2Fnews%2F4973996%2Fhorror-as-tree-surgeon-electrocuted-while-working-on-a-cherry-picker-close-to-high-voltage-cables%2F&text=Tree%20surgeon%20'electrocuted%20while%20cherry-picker%20hit%20high%20voltage%20cables'” target=”_blank” title=”Click to share on Twitter
Source: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4973996/horror-as-tree-surgeon-electrocuted-while-working-on-a-cherry-picker-close-to-high-voltage-cables/

Leave a Reply