You are here
Home > World News > Jane Fonda says she heard about Harvey Weinstein’s Hollywood reign of terror a YEAR ago

Jane Fonda says she heard about Harvey Weinstein’s Hollywood reign of terror a YEAR ago

JANE Fonda says she was told of Harvey Weinstein's horrific sexual assault and harassment a YEAR ago – and admitted her shame at not saying anything.

In an interview with CNN's Christiane Amanpour, Fonda said one of Weinstein's alleged victims, actress Rosanna Arquette, confided in her about the abuse she had suffered.

 Weinstein and Rosanna Arquette, who told Jane Fonda of her experience with the mogul

"I was not that bold, because I guessed it hadn't happened to me and so I didn't feel it was my place" Fonda said.

"I'm so proud of those fellow actors that are speaking up."

The 79 year old actress explained that she never had a similar experience because she met Weinstein when she was older.

"I only met Harvey when I was old and Harvey goes for young, because that's more vulnerable."

 Jane Fonda says she felt "shocked and disappointed" to hear of Weinstein's alleged abuse


What we know so far:


She goes on to slam the double standards in Hollywood and the everyday situations faced by women across the globe.

"Let's not think that this is some unique horrific…this goes on all the time."

"It's this male entitlement, in Hollywood and everywhere, in offices and businesses all over the world.

"In bars, in restaurants and stores, women everywhere are assaulted, abuse, harassed and seen for just being sexual objects, there for a man's desire instead of whole human beings."

 Weinstein, seen here leaving his apartment last week, is facing a storm of serious sexual assault and harassment allegations
 Actress Gwyneth Paltrow, pictured here with Weinstein and Cameron Diaz, is amongst those who have spoken out

The news is the latest revelation since the New York Times published a story last week alleging decades of abuse by the powerful movie producer.

Since then, high profile actresses Angelina Jolie, Gwyneth Paltrow and model Cara Delevingne are amongst those claiming they were victims of serious sexual harassment by Weinstein.

The 65 year old says he "unequivocally denies" any allegations of non-consensual sex.

Late on Wednesday night, the disgraced movie mogul jetted off to a $30,000 a month sex rehab clinic – telling reporters "we all make mistakes."

His escape comes as Scotland Yard, Merseyside Police AND the New York Police Department have all announced investigations into the disturbing allegations.

Source: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4673076/jane-fonda-says-she-heard-about-harvey-weinsteins-hollywood-reign-of-terror-a-year-ago/

Similar Articles

Leave a Reply

Top