Nicola Stripp, 43, and Ella-Grace, 3, were left stunned after hearing a ‘loud bang’ in Harlow, Essex
Mum Nicola Stripp, 43, and her three-year-old daughter Ella-Grace were left covered in glass after the B&M table shattered as she put up the parasol.
The £199 B&M table ‘exploded’ in the sunshine in Harlow, Essex
It comes after The Sun revealed how the same table shattered in hot weather just four days after being bought.
The budget store is among at least 12 retailers dragged into the “exploding” patio table scandal.
Mum-of-one Nicola was setting up the outdoor table for her daughter and friend when she heard a “really loud” bang in Harlow, Essex.
She told The Sun Online: “I was putting up the umbrella on the table when all of a sudden it exploded.
“As soon as it touched the glass there was a really loud bang.
Mum Nicola Stripp, 43, and her three-year-old daughter Ella-Grace were left covered in glass after the table shattered as she put up the parasol
“There was shards all over our feet.
“My daughter was burst into tears because of the bang. She didn’t know what was going on.
Nicola immediately contacted B&M to complain about the issue.
But she claims the budget store have refused to offer her a refund.
B&M said in an email to Nicola that “spontaneous breakage” is ” extremely rare” and Trading Standards are aware.
Little Ella-Grace Morton has been left traumatised by her ordeal
Mum-of-one Nicola bought the table from B&M in Harlow
It added: “Even something like a change in the temperature can then cause a the defect to cause the glass to break.”
Nicola was left disgruntled by the budget store’s reply following the incident on May 27.
She said: “I shouldn’t have to worry that table is going to suddenly shatter all over my three-year-old child.”
The Sun Online has contacted B&M for comment.