POLICE made their sixth arrest in the aftermath of the Parsons Green terror attack overnight.
A 17-year-old boy was taken into custody by police after being arrested at his Thornton Heath home in South London shortly after midnight.
Police confirmed they are searching the property after the man was arrested under Section 41 of the Terrorism Act.
Six men have now been arrested after a bucket bomb-style device injured dozens on a packed District Line train last week.
The device failed to properly detonate, with experts warning the amount of explosive it contained could have caused mass casualties.
All suspects are being held at a South London police station.
Commander Dean Haydon, head of the Met's Counter Terrorism Command, said: "This continues to be a fast-moving investigation.
"A significant amount of activity has taken place since the attack on Friday.
"We now have six males in custody and searches are continuing at five addresses.
"Detectives are carrying out extensive inquiries to determine the full facts behind the attack."
Video emerged on Tuesday of the moment anti-terror cops swooped on a "smiling" Parsons Green bombing suspect before officers arrested two more men the same morning.
A 48-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were also arrested in Newport, Wales, on Tuesday morning.
Pictures have today emerged of a 25-year-old man being arrested by a group of police officers on Tuesday night, before the two arrests took place at a separate address just after 5am.
The two latest men to be detained are believed to have lived in West Street, close to the city centre.
Residents described the house being searched as a "halfway house" for asylum seekers.
One local businessman, who did not wish to be named, said: "It's apparently a halfway house for the Home Office.
"The people that live there don't come from around here. I don't think they've been there for long."
CCTV images from a local taxi company, Town Taxis Newport, show police arriving on West Street at 5.10am.
In the footage, a marked police van drives into the residential street with three marked police cars and four unmarked cars.
Officers are seen walking into West Street from further vehicles parked on adjacent streets.
The two addresses are now being searched, with police warning they are expected to be at the scene for a number of days.
A witness to the arrest last night said a van pulled up and six cops jumped out before swooping on the man.
Sully Ali, 19, part-time model, said: "There were two armed officers there, they didn't have their guns pointed at him but they had them on show.
"The guy was smiling. I didn't hear him saying anything or the police saying anything to him.
"They were Met Police officers, they were wearing hats saying Met Police and they didn't speak like anyone from round here.
"He was arrested and handcuffed by officers wearing suits.
"They handcuffed him and led him away, they didn't put him in the van though, they put him in a marked police car."
Residents said the arrested man had lived in the area for many years and attended local mosques.
"He was a nice guy, everybody knew him," one man said.
"He was a student here and he worked as a painter and decorator."
A mother added: "He did some painting on our house about two years ago. He was a nice guy, he was very softly spoken.
"He used to condemn terrorism in front of my husband, my husband would condemn terrorism and he would agree with him. I know he is a Muslim but I don't know what mosque he went to.
"Muslims in this area are totally shocked, we condemn terrorism totally and we totally condemn what happened in London."
The latest raids were carried out by the Met Counter Terrorism Command, assisted by Gwent Police and the Welsh Extremism and Counter Terrorism Unit (Wectu) and both addresses in the town were being searched on Wednesday.
An 18-year-old man who was arrested in Dover remains in police custody over the terror attack.
A 21-year-old was also arrested in Hounslow, with police granted more time to question them.
The terror threat level in the UK was raised over the weekend after the bomb exploded.
People were injured in both the attack and then the stampede which followed as commuters ran for their lives.
Passengers suffered facial burns after a crude device was placed inside a Lidl bag then stuffed into a white bucket before exploding on the District Line Tube at Parsons Green on September 15.
Passengers were seen running and screaming from the tracks as witnesses described seeing a giant fireball flying down the train.
Both suspects Yahyah Farroukh, 21, and the younger man, understood to be the suspected bomber, are believed to have spent time in foster care with Penelope and Ronald Jones, aged 71 and 88 respectively, who previously received MBEs for services to children and families.
The family of the second suspect, an 18-year-old man, earlier insisted he was innocent and "loves the UK", according to reports.
Syrian refugee Farroukh was arrested on Saturday night as he finished a shift at a fried chicken takeaway in Hounslow, west London.
A college friend of Yahyah Farookh said he could not believe that the young man had been arrested.
Ahmed Eid said: "I was so shocked when I saw he was arrested.
"He would never talk about religion or ISIS or anything like that. He would occasionally go to prayer like all Muslims – but nothing like terrorism.
"He was so calm and quiet, I just thought, 'no, this can't be the guy'."
He added: "I can't think why he would do this. It doesn't make sense, none of this matches up with the guy I knew."
Commander Dean Haydon, head of the Met Counter Terrorism Command, said: "This continues to be a fast-moving investigation. A significant amount of activity has taken place since the attack on Friday.
"We now have three men in custody and searches are continuing at four addresses."
He said the searches would take "some days" to complete, adding: "However it is important that we continue with these searches and I'd like to thank all those affected for their support, patience and cooperation."
Police urged the public report any suspicious activity to the police by calling authorities on 0800 789 321, or in an emergency by dialling 999.
The UK terror threat was raised in response to the Tube bombing, but has since been lowered.
Commander Haydon added: "As police and our partners do all we can to confront the threat, public vigilance remains as vital as ever.
"We urge the public to report any suspicious activity to the police by calling us, in confidence, on 0800 789 321, or in an emergency by dialling 999."
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online news team? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0207 782 4368 . We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours.