Tisha Custodio is making her mark in the new Disney+ series Big Shot!
The 19-year-old actress can be seen as Carolyn “Mouse” Smith in the basketball show, which just premiered on Friday (April 16) on the streamer.
Carolyn is a member of the basketball team, who stands out as the enthusiastic one of the bunch. Hailing from a military family, she is protective, cooperative, and smart.
“Mouse is really just trying to find out who she is through the season. She comes from a military family, so she’s very strict, very orderly and very much perfectionist,” she told Asian Journal about her character. “At first, she’s so young and wants to follow the rules. She doesn’t really understand where she’s supposed to fit in, but you see her gain her confidence.”
“This is definitely a show about growth and redemption. You see throughout the season that these characters have some plot arc where they have to learn and go through something in order to grow as a person,” she added about the show.
You can find out more about Big Shot and watch the trailer HERE!
Tisha is originally from the Philippines and immigrated to the United States when she was just three years old. She hopes to continue her career into film and down the line run a production company of her own where she can create stories centered on diversity and the immigrant experience.
Big Shot is Tisha‘s first big project, and we got to know more about the rising star with 10 Fun Facts!
Click inside for her fun facts…
- 1. I have a rescue dog named Romeo.
- 2. I love Shakespeare and was a part of a Shakespeare company in high school.
- 3. I watch The Princess Diaries (1 AND 2, back to back!!) at least once every six months.
- 4. My favorite musicians right now are Madison Cunningham and Adrianne Lenker.
- 5. I’m obsessed with this vegan donut place called Donut Friend.
- 6. I currently own 10 guitars and 2 banjos.
- 7. Mary Oliver is my favorite poet of all time.
- 8. In high school, I took tap dance classes instead of regular PE. I still really love doing it!
- 9. English is my second language. My native tongue is Ilonggo!
- 10. When I was little, I would dress up like Jasmine from Aladdin every single day.
Source: Read Full Article