EXCLUSIVE: Caroline Flack’s ’embarrassed’ boyfriend Lewis Burton will NOT press charges… and claims the row that led to her assault arrest was merely a ‘lovers’ tiff’
- The Love Island host, 40, was arrested and charged with assault after an alleged fight with her tennis player boyfriend, 27, at her north London home on Thursday
- Friends close to Lewis have claimed he will not press charges against the star
- It was revealed shortly after the Caroline is set to appear at Highbury Magistrates Court charged with assault on Dec 23
Caroline Flack’s boyfriend Lewis Burton will NOT press charges against the star following the spat that led to her arrest for assault.
A friend of Lewis’ revealed exclusively to MailOnline that the tennis player, 27, is claiming the argument the couple had on Thursday morning was merely a lovers’ tiff and ‘should never have ended up in the public domain.’
Fans were left stunned on Friday when it was claimed that the Love Island host, 40, had been arrested and charged with assault after an alleged fight with Lewis at her north London home.
Sweet: Caroline Flack ‘s boyfriend Lewis Burton will NOT press charges against the star following the spat that led to her arrest for assault (pictured for the first time since the assault on Saturday)
While Caroline and Lewis were locked in the blazing row earlier in the week, it has now been claimed that he is playing down the shock argument.
The insider revealed: ‘Lewis is very upset and embarrassed about how this situation has blown up. It was a tiff between a couple that love each other and should never have ended up in the public domain…
‘He has not – and is not pressing charges. He loves Caroline and wants things to be back to normal as soon as possible.’
Following the explosive news, Lewis took to Instagram on Saturday to share a sweet snap with the star just days after her arrest for assault.
Shock: It was reported that Lewis shouted ‘I was normal till I met her’ as she was arrested and charged with assault after an alleged fight at her home, it has been claimed (pictured in October)
Sharing a shot from their recent trip to Winter Wonderland, the tennis player placed a heart emoji over the top in a move which has thrown their relationship status under further scrutiny following the explosive row at her home.
It was reported that Lewis shouted ‘I was normal till I met her’ as she was arrested and charged with assault after an alleged fight at her home.
Caroline will appear at Highbury Corner Magistrates Court on December 23 charged with assault by beating.
Moving on: Lewis is keen to put the incident behind them
Eyewitnesses have described ‘total chaos’ outside Caroline’s home as police arrived to diffuse the situation between her and her boyfriend.
The former professional tennis player is said to have shouted at police as he was led away, while Caroline was reportedly left in need of hospital treatment after accidentally cutting herself on broken glass during the incident.
According to an eyewitness who spoke to The Daily Star, Mr Burton is said to have shouted at police as they escorted him to a waiting car: ‘Bruv, I was normal until I met her.’
The TV presenter’s arrest has thrown ITV’s first ever winter version of Love Island into doubt, with filming due to start in South Africa on January 8 (she is pictured on the latest series of Love Island)
Shock: While other neighbours described ‘police cars everywhere’ and shocking scenes despite the couple seeming like ‘they’ve been getting on well’
While other neighbours described ‘police cars everywhere’ and shocking scenes despite the couple seeming like ‘they’ve been getting on well’.
Louise Silver, 36, told MailOnline: ‘It was total chaos. There were police cars everywhere. At first I thought it might have been a terrorist incident but then I looked out and saw police going into Caroline’s home. They brought her out soon after.’
Anton Smith added: ‘There must have been around six police cars and a police van. We see Caroline and her boyfriend coming in and out of the house and around the area.
‘It must have been around 5am and it was total chaos. I was on my way to work and didn’t know what was going on. It was only when I got home that somebody in the block told me she’d been arrested.’
Eyewitnesses have described ‘total chaos’ outside Caroline’s home as police arrived to diffuse the situation between her and her 27-year-old former professional tennis player boyfriend (pictured, police at the scene)
And speaking to The Sun, which learnt of Caroline requiring hospital treatment, another neighbour said: ‘There were several police cars at Caroline’s house. I know Caroline and this new man. She’s very friendly and always speaks to us. I hope things sort themselves out.’
Silent: Caroline is yet to comment on the latest news and her spokesperson is unavailable for comment (pictured on December 11)
The TV presenter’s arrest has thrown ITV’s first ever winter version of Love Island into doubt, with filming due to start in South Africa on January 8.
And a source close to the show told The Sun the incident was an ‘absolute nightmare’ so near to the start of the new series.
She was due to jet off on location with a brand new batch of contestants in the first week of January but it is not clear whether she will still be able to go. ITV have not yet commented on her arrest.
An eyewitness told the Star: ‘There have been police outside since 5.30am and [Caroline’s] boyfriend Lewis Burton has been taken away.
‘There were six police cars including a van. I thought a criminal had escaped but then saw them running into her house. They were in there for over two hours.’
A member of the public who runs a business near Caroline’s London property said CCTV had shown a number of police vehicles and ‘blue flashing lights’ in the early hours of Thursday.
Six police cars were pictured outside the house early on Thursday, with images obtained by MailOnline showing officers securing the house and carrying first response kits soon after.
A Metropolitan Police spokesman said: ‘Caroline Flack, 40, of Islington was charged on Friday, 13 December with assault by beating. She will appear on bail at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court on Monday, 23 December.
‘This follows an incident at approximately 05:25hrs on Thursday, 12 December after reports of a man being assaulted. He was not seriously injured.’
The man was treated by paramedics and a London Ambulance Service spokesman said: ‘We were called yesterday (Thursday 12 December) at 5.28am to reports of a person unwell in Islington. We sent an ambulance to the scene and took a person to hospital.’
A representative for Flack confirmed she was involved in a ‘private domestic incident’ but refused to comment further.
They said in a statement: ‘We confirm that police attended Caroline’s home following a private domestic incident. She is co-operating with the appropriate people to resolve matters. We will not be making any further comment for legal reasons.’
An ITV spokesman added: ‘We’re not commenting on this story.’
CAROLINE FLACK’S HISTORY OF TOYBOY LOVERS
Prince Harry, aged 35
Short fling? Caroline revealed she was introduced to Prince Harry by their mutual friend Natalie Pinkham in 2009
Close: Caroline candidly admitted she nearly slept with Olly Murs when they presented The Xtra Factor together in 2011
- Caroline revealed she was introduced to Prince Harry by their mutual friend Natalie Pinkham, a Formula One correspondent for Sky Sports
- Sparks flew when the pair enjoyed a night out a decade ago in 2009, shortly after Caroline had split from another ex
- She later penned in her book: ‘Once the story got out, that was it. We had to stop seeing each other
Olly Murs, aged 35
- Caroline candidly admitted she nearly slept with Olly when they presented The Xtra Factor together in 2011
- They shared a kiss as they toasted her Cosmopolitan Ultimate Women Award with a private moment in the photobooth in November 2015
- The pair’s on-screen chemistry was all everyone could talk about when they hosted The Xtra Factor together from 2011 until 2012
Toyboy lover: Back in 2011, Caroline was 31 when she started romancing 17-year-old Harry Styles
Harry Styles, aged 25
- Back in 2011, Caroline was 31 when she started romancing 17-year-old Harry
- The television host admitted she knew the singer had a crush on her before she pursued a romance with the heartthrob
- She said of their brief fling in The Sun on Sunday: ‘I already knew that he had a crush on me, he’s made it pretty obvious as he’s said it in magazines. I’ve never felt I was much older than Harry. I still feel 18 and I probably act that way half the time’
Short-lived: The Love Island host caught music manager Jack Street’s eye when he was only 26 years old
Wedding bells: Caroline and Andrew Brady got engaged in April 2018 before calling it quits later that year
Jack Street, aged 31
- The Love Island host caught Jack’s eye when he was only 26 years old
- Caroline and Jack’s love story goes back until 2014 and the couple dated happily for 18 months before their abrupt split.
- They briefly rekindled the flames of their love in 2015 but the damage couldn’t be repaired and they went their separate ways for good
Andrew Brady, aged 29
Smooch: In January, Caroline and Strictly dancer AJ Pritchard were pictured looking extremely cosy with during the National Television Awards’ after-party
- Caroline was 38 while Andrew was 27 when they first started dating
- The Love Island personality and the Apprentice star had a rocky on/off romance which had a heartbreaking end for the pair of them
- The couple got engaged in April 2018 after just a few weeks of dating but they separated from each other a numerous times last year
- Now Andrew has jetted off to Australia on a one-way ticket to get a fresh start in 2019 after they finally called it quits on their romance forever
AJ Pritchard, aged 25
- In January, Caroline and the Strictly dancer were pictured looking extremely cosy with during the National Television Awards’ after-party
- Insiders at the bash claimed the duo moved around for some privacy before they were spotted in the alleged clinch behind the scenes
- The pair, who reportedly snogged during the star-studded bash at London’s O2 Arena, denied rumours of a romance despite their close display
Hunk: The presenter is said to have dated Danny Cipriani for around eight weeks earlier this year
Danny Cipriani, aged 32
- The presenter is said to have dated the sportsman, 31, for around eight weeks earlier this year
- They were were seen kissing after a two-night hotel stay back in April, but ended things shortly after as sources say Caroline feared there was no long-term future
- An insider previously said: ‘Caroline and Danny had a lot of fun together and she’s very fond of him – but long-term it wasn’t going to work’
- ‘They’ve decided to end it and stay friends. Caroline has a busy summer ahead of her and is already moving on by dating other people
Source: Read Full Article