CBB: Viewers RAGING when they learn Roxanne Pallett’s interview with Emma Willis was NOT filmed live
CBB: Viewers left RAGING that Roxanne Pallett’s interview with Emma Willis was NOT filmed live… but applaud show host for ‘grilling’ shamed actress amid ‘punch’ drama
Channel 5 viewers have hit out at Roxanne Pallett for her Celebrity Big Brother interview with Emma Willis – but have lauded the presenter for her tough line of questioning.
Roxanne appeared on the reality show for the first time on Monday night, after quitting on Saturday amid the backlash of accusing Ryan Thomas of punching her.
But viewers were left furious that her interview with host Emma was pre-recorded, and not filmed as part of the show’s live broadcast.
Facing the music: Channel 5 viewers have hit out at Roxanne Pallett for her Celebrity Big Brother interview with Emma Willis – but have lauded the presenter for her tough line of questioning
Having already appeared on Jeremy Vine on Monday morning – in what in fact was a live interview – Roxanne opted to shoot the chat with Emma on Monday afternoon.
Viewers flocked to Twitter to slam the Emmerdale actress, 35, for being ‘cowardly’ and trying to ‘get off easy’.
- CBB: Roxanne Pallett labels herself ‘the most hated woman in… Celebrity Big Brother: Ben Jardine calls Roxanne Pallett… Jeremy Vine’s Wikipedia page is HACKED following his… Roxanne Pallett’s apology to Ryan Thomas is branded ‘lies…
Share this article
‘Such a cop out that #cbb haven’t done Roxanne’s interview live so she doesn’t have to deal with any crowd reactions!’ one person tweeted.
‘What a joke! Roxanne didn’t have to do a live interview. Getting off easy!’ someone else agreed.
Off air: Having already appeared on Jeremy Vine on Monday morning – in what in fact was a live interview – Roxanne opted to shoot the chat with Emma on Monday afternoon
A third posted: ‘Why does Roxanne deserve a private interview?! She should of had it in front of a crowd like everyone else. Bullies like her are the biggest cowards!’
‘I see Roxanne didn’t want to be interviewed live on air. Coward,’ typed another.
But fans of the show were equally impressed with Emma’s line of questioning, showering the presenter with praise over her interviewing technique.
‘Seriously love Emma Willis after that interview, talk about grilling Roxanne!’ one person tweeted.
Celebrity Big Brother’s Roxanne Pallett and Ryan Thomas punch row: A timeline
THE ROW: THURSDAY AUGUST 30
Punch row: Roxanne Pallett accused Ryan Thomas of assaulting her after he playfully jabbed her on Celebrity Big Brother
- Coronation Street star Ryan Thomas, 34, playfully jabbed Roxanne Pallett, 35, which later led to her saying he was a ‘woman beater’ on Thursday’s CBB
- Roxanne expressed her concern in the Diary Room and demanded for Ryan to be removed from the house
- In addition to this, she asked if she could sleep in a separate room because she didn’t feel safe
- After reviewing the footage, Ryan was given a formal warning by Channel 5
THE AFTERMATH: FRIDAY AUGUST 31
Public outrage: More than 11,000 viewers complained to Ofcom over the scandal
- More than 11,000 viewers complained to Ofcom in defence of Ryan, complaining he was ‘obviously play fighting’ and ‘hardly touched her’
- Roxanne was accused of ‘setting back’ the work of domestic abuse charities, while her social media accounts were deleted on Friday morning
- On Friday’s show, Roxanne confided in housemate Ben Jardine as she alluded to the incident, branding it as ‘bad’
SOCIAL BACKLASH: FRIDAY AUGUST 31
Backlash: A slew of celebs defended Ryan and called the actress ‘manipulative’
- 21 of her former Emmerdale co-stars called her out for her ‘calculated’ and ‘manipulative’ behaviour on social media
- Thomas’s girlfriend and reality TV star Lucy Mecklenburgh called for Pallett to be removed from the show, adding that she does not think she is in a ‘fit’ state of mind.
- Her Wikipedia page was hacked, with details changed to say her career ended in 2018 when she appeared on Celebrity Big Brother
THE REACTION: FRIDAY AUGUST 31
Emotional: Viewers watched Ryan Thomas break down in tears, worrying his career is ‘ruined’ after the accusations
- Viewers watched Ryan Thomas break down in tears, worrying his career was ‘ruined’
- The pair hashed out their differences as he insisted he was ‘showing his affection’
- Upon her friend Ben Jardine’s eviction, Roxanne heard the crowd chant ‘Get Roxy Out’, leaving her questioning what she had done wrong
- Ryan broke down saying it was what he ‘needed to hear’ as the housemates turned on Roxanne
THE SHOCK DEPARTURE: SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 1
Exit: The former Emmerdale star broke down in tears, saying: ‘I’m going home’
- Sally and Nick are vocal in their support of Ryan, with former broker Nick urging Roxanne to ‘do the right thing’, and ‘tell the truth’
- The former Emmerdale star later breaks down in tears in the show’s Diary Room, saying: ‘I’m going home, I need out, I need to go’
- Viewers took to social media, sharing their glee at the news she left but others vented they felt she had taken the ‘easy way out’
- It is not clear if she will be forced to hand back her £75,000 fee after her dramatic exit.
THE APOLOGY: MONDAY SEPTEMBER 3
Apology: Roxanne said: ‘I got it completely wrong’ and hopes Ryan will forgive her
- Appearing on Jeremy Vine, Roxanne has now said she didn’t know she was wrong until she reviewed clip and hopes Ryan will forgive her
- She believes past domestic violence has made her overly sensitive
- She apologised for ‘trivialising’ the issue of domestic violence
- She claimed she was advised not to be on the show and wasn’t being paid
- She said: ‘I got it completely wrong’
Source: Read Full Article