Filming for James Bond’s No Time To Die ‘sparks huge terror scare following unbelievable blunder at largest RAF air base in UK’
Filming for James Bond’s next instalment No Time To Die has reportedly sparked a terror scare at RAF Brize Norton, Oxfordshire.
There was allegedly mass panic after crew members on the Daniel Craig-fronted film left behind a van following days of filming, prompting 400 people to be evacuated from the base which was put on lockdown as bomb dogs were brought in.
Hundreds were reportedly ordered away while police cordoned off a large area with rumours swirling that the vehicle in question was full of pyrotechnic explosives, however that was later disproved.
‘Unbelievable blunder’: Filming for James Bond’s next instalment No Time To Die has reportedly sparked a terror scare at RAF Brize Norton, Oxfordshire
While it proved to be a simple case of No Time to Die’s technicians accidentally leaving behind a vehicle after filming last week, The Sun have reported that it inadvertently prompted a terror scare.
The panic reportedly began when security at RAF Brize Norton ordered a lockdown at 7pm after coming to the realisation that the van’s security passes had lapsed.
A source told the publication: ‘Everything was packed up on Friday but amazingly one of the vans was left behind outside the mess. I don’t know if it was the film company or the hire company, but someone reported the van.
‘Sniffer dogs from a bomb disposal unit were sent in to investigate immediately. A 300 metre cordon was put in place while it was assessed by bomb disposal teams.’
Panic: The movie fuelled panic after crew members left behind a van , prompting 400 people to be evacuated from the base which was put on lockdown as bomb dogs were brought in (Filming shot from Matera, Italy last month)
Reports: Hundreds were reportedly ordered away while police cordoned off a large area with rumours swirling that the vehicle in question was full of pyrotechnic explosives
‘It is an unbelievable blunder to have caused such a massive security risk,’ the source added.
It was also noted that despite getting a ‘slap on the wrist’, film companies will still be encouraged to make movies at the base because it ‘brings in a lot of money.’
Last year the base was used to film part of Mission: Impossible – Fallout.
MailOnline has contacted representatives for Bond’s No Time To Die and Daniel Craig for further comment.
So high was the alert that Defence Secretary Ben Wallace was said to have been kept abreast of the situation until it was given the all clear.
Oh no: While it proved to be a simple case of No Time to Die’s technicians accidentally leaving behind a vehicle after filming last week, it inadvertently prompted a terror scare
Drama: So high was the alert that Defence Secretary Ben Wallace was said to have been kept abreast of the situation until it was given the all clear
An RAF spokesman has revealed the following statement: ‘The RAF can confirm that a vehicle with a lapsed pass was identified at RAF Brize Norton last night.
‘To ensure the safety of our people a cordon was set up and a number of personnel were moved.
‘Subsequently, the vehicle was checked & identified and as it posed no threat, all personnel were returned to their accommodation.’
This isn’t the first Bond 25 has been hit by a setback since production started, with injuries, crew reshuffles and even explosions marring work on the film.
In July, the flick was dealt with another blow, as Grace Jones has reportedly quit her role.
Grace, 71, was believed to be making a cameo in the upcoming film, 34 years after starring alongside Roger Moore in A View To A Kill, but is said to have pulled out in a dispute over her camera time.
She’s gone: In July, the flick was dealt with another blow, as Grace Jones has reportedly quit her role
Daniel underwent an operation as a result of tweaking his ankle ligaments after falling during filming for a high-octane scene in Jamaica back in May.
The surgery was followed by two weeks of rehabilitation, causing delays to the production schedule.
Meanwhile over at the UK’s Pinewood Studios three explosions went off on set after a stunt went wrong during filming earlier this summer.
Health and Safety officials arrived on the set of the beleaguered movie after an explosion ripped a hole in a sound stage and injured a member of the crew.
The official Twitter account for the 007 franchise confirmed the blasts, with a post saying: ‘During the filming of a controlled explosion on the set of Bond 25 today at Pinewood Studios, damage was caused to the exterior of the 007 Stage.
‘There were no injuries on set, however one crew member outside the stage has sustained a minor injury.’
Bidding farewell: The film – scheduled for release on April 8, 2020 – is slated to be Daniel’s fifth and final film in the franchise (pictured in the 2006 film Casino Royale)
The curse of Bond 25: String of bad luck that has hit filming
Grace Jones’ departure is the latest mishap in a string of bad luck for the 25th film chronicling 007’s adventures.
The first blow came when director Danny Boyle (Trainspotting, Slumdog Millionaire) quit in August last year.
He argued with Daniel Craig over creative differences over casting for the lead villain.
Since then writing trouble has abounded as the screenplay is constantly re-written by director Cary Joji Fukunaga, Phoebe Waller-Bridge and Craig himself.
In April, producers Barbara Broccoli and Michael G. Wilson said at the film’s launch that the blockbuster still doesn’t have title.
And with less than a year until the release date, its leading man required surgery last month on his ankle after the star slipped while running.
The 51-year-old was filming on location in Jamaica at the time.
Production was later delayed after an explosion tore through the set at Pinewood Studios.
The blast ripped a hole in the sound stage and injured a member of the crew.
Elsewhere director Fukunaga reportedly left a meticulously planned shoot in disarray by turning up ‘several hours late’ following an ‘intense’ PlayStation session.
His unexpected absence left the film behind schedule, with the filmmaker prompting further outrage by insisting his production team work over Father’s Day weekend.
Source: Read Full Article