Holly Willoughby and Phillip Schofield 'get £130,000 pay rise'

Holly Willoughby and Phillip Schofield spark ‘£130k pay row as they are the only This Morning staff members to get pay rise for extended show’

  • The TV presenters are said to be pocketing a cool £130,000 more a year with the show running a half hour longer a day since ITV’s schedule shakeup 
  • According to the Daily Star, no one working behind the camera on the ITV chat show have been given a raise for the extra work 
  • It has also been claimed that some members of staff have suggested Holly and Phillip should give up some of their pay rise to benefit others 
  • The publication reported that the hefty pay rise has led to accusations that there is one rule for talent and another for everyone else 
  • This Morning is said to have been given ‘extra staff resources’ in order to cope with the extended daily show 

Holly Willoughby and Phillip Schofield have reportedly sparked a pay row at This Morning as they are the only staff members getting a pay rise for the extended show.

The TV presenters are said to be pocketing a cool £130,000 more a year with the show running a half hour longer a day since ITV’s schedule shakeup.

According to the Daily Star, no one working behind the camera on the ITV chat show have been given a raise for the extra work.  

Pay: Holly Willoughby, 38, and Phillip Schofield, 57, have reportedly sparked a pay row at This Morning as they are the only staff members getting a pay rise for the extended show

A source said: ‘The rumour is that the amount that Holly and Phil have been given for their extra work totals more than the editor’s annual salary, believed to be around £130,000.’

It has also been claimed that some members of staff have suggested Holly and Phillip should give up some of their pay rise to benefit others. 

The publication reported that the hefty pay rise has led to accusations that there is one rule for talent and another for everyone else.

This Morning is said to have been given ‘extra staff resources’ in order to cope with the extended daily show.

Change: The TV presenters are said to be pocketing a cool £130,000 more a year with the show running a half hour longer a day since ITV’s schedule shakeup

It was revealed last year that This Morning would be extended by 30 minutes in ITV’s schedule revamp with the show now airing from 10am to 12:30pm. 

MailOnline has contacted a representative for This Morning for comment.

News of the pay rise comes after Phillip more than doubled his salary from £803,000 to £1.73million, according to The Mirror.

The TV star’s impressive salary bump is said to largely be due to Dancing On Ice’s return in January of 2018.

Raise: According to the Daily Star , no one working behind the camera on the ITV chat show have been given a raise for the extra work

Along with presenting This Morning and 5 Gold Rings, the broadcaster has other sources of income aside from his presenting work including deals with supermarket chain Waitrose.

While Phillip’s income is impressive, his longtime co-host and close friend Holly is said to not be far behind him.

Holly received a £200,000 salary increase on This Morning in 2017 to match Phillip’s £600,000, after reports she earned a third less than him.

Her income was also given a significant boost by co-hosting I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here! with Declan Donnelly in 2018 where she filled in for Ant McPartlin. 


Not happy: It has also been claimed that some members of staff have suggested Holly and Phillip should give up some of their pay rise to benefit others

According to the publication, Holly paid herself and husband Dan Baldwin almost £1.7million from her TV firm in 2018.

It marks a significant increase for Holly who paid herself £950,000 from her firm the year before.

Details of her pay were revealed in published accounts by her company Roxy Media which also showed that her salary increase was paid in a dividend.

Holly owns 80 per cent of the firm while Dan owns the remaining 20 per cent.

Along with This Morning and Dancing On Ice, Holly is also a panellist on Celebrity Juice and also serves as a brand ambassador for Marks & Spencer.

Accusation: The publication reported that the hefty pay rise has led to accusations that there is one rule for talent and another for everyone else

Source: Read Full Article