‘I could have died or killed someone’: Katie Price FINALLY breaks her silence on horror drink-drive smash as she expresses remorse and vows to ‘explain all’ in new YouTube video
- The glamour model, 43, took to Instagram on Tuesday to tease a full video, due for release at 5pm, in which she promised to discuss the accident
- Sitting beside fiancé Carl Woods , she spoke to the camera in the now-deleted video to express her remorse and reveal that she will ‘explain what happened’
- She said: ‘I got behind the wheel of the car. I regret it. I have upset people around me, and I have upset myself. I could have been hurt or I could have been dead’
- Last month, Katie completed her rehab order following her car accident on September 28, after which she tested positive for alcohol and cocaine
- Following the crash, she pleaded guilty to drink driving, driving whilst disqualified and driving without insurance before being sent to rehab
- Sentencing will resume next month
Katie Price has spoken out on her horror drink drive crash.
The glamour model, 43, took to Instagram on Tuesday to tease a full video, due for release at 5pm, in which she promised to discuss the accident, which happened last month after she went on a drink and drug binge.
Sitting beside fiancé Carl Woods, she spoke to the camera in the now-deleted video to express her remorse and reveal that she will ‘explain what happened’ later on.
She said: ‘I got behind the wheel of the car. I regret it. I have upset people around me, and I have upset myself. I could have been hurt or I could have been dead. I could have killed someone, or I could have injured someone.’
‘I could have died or killed someone’: Katie Price broke her silence on her horror drink-drive smash as she expressed remorse and vowed to ‘explain all’ in a new YouTube video
Katie and Carl sat in a brightly-lit room, with the make-up free star speaking to the camera while he looked at her and petted his dog Sid.
Last week, Katie completed her court assigned rehab order following her car accident on September 28, after which she tested positive for alcohol and Class A drug cocaine and she is now readying herself to discuss the crash.
Following the crash, she pleaded guilty to drink driving, driving whilst disqualified and driving without insurance before being sent to complete her rehab course.
The mother-of-five could now face jail. She has no driving licence after being disqualified for two years in 2019, and has been banned from the roads six times.
Smash: The glamour model, 43, took to Instagram on Tuesday to tease a full video, due for release at 5pm, in which she promised to discuss the accident, which happened last month after she went on a drink and drug binge
A photograph tweeted by a local police officer showed a damaged BMW lying on its side across both lanes, its front lodged in the hedgerow, after the crash.
A local said: ‘Luckily no other vehicles were involved in the crash and it happened away from houses. It sounds like the person behind the wheel is going to be OK.’
Katie has experienced a turbulent year, and was recently seen with bruising to her face after an alleged assault at her home in Essex.
A source said: ‘Katie rolled her car and was in a bad way when police arrived. She’s in hospital now and everyone is desperately worried about her.’
Gang: Katie took to Instagram on Sunday to thank her family for ‘having her back’ following a court-mandated rehab stint
Driving while disqualified can result in a maximum sentence of 26 weeks in prison.
Following the crash, her family expressed fears for her mental health.
They wrote in a statement: ‘We have for some time been concerned about Kate’s wellbeing and overall mental health. Today our worst fears nearly came true.
‘As a family we have been and will continue to help Kate get the help she needs. We hope that she will realise that she cannot battle her issues alone.’
The smash came a day after Katie said being disqualified from driving meant she could not visit her disabled son Harvey at his residential college in Gloucestershire.
A Sussex Police spokesman said: ‘Police responded to reports of a single-vehicle collision on the B2135 near Partridge Green around 6.20am on Tuesday.’
Troubles: Driving while disqualified can result in a maximum sentence of 26 weeks in prison. It comes as her family expressed fears for her mental health hours after the crash
They later added: ‘Katie Price, 43, was charged with using a motor vehicle on a public place without third party insurance and driving whilst disqualified.
‘She was remanded in custody and will appear at Crawley Remand Court on Wednesday (September 29).’
A South East Coast Ambulance Service NHS Trust spokesman said it was ‘called at approximately 6.30am to reports of an RTC on the B2135 at Partridge Green’.
They added: ‘One ambulance crew attended the scene and one person was assessed and treated before being taken to hospital.’
The road was closed after the crash but police confirmed it reopened at 9.26am.
A statement later given by her family stated that the glamour model was taking ‘full responsibility’ for her actions.
It read: ‘Kate acknowledges and takes full responsibility for her actions. She knows they were wrong and apologises. Kate is deeply loved and she loves her family.
‘We are all there for her right now – and her children, who she loves dearly, are giving her strength as a mum.’
The star is mum to Junior, 16, and Princess, 14, who she shares with Peter Andre, as well as Jett, eight, and Bunny, seven, with ex-husband Kieran Hayler and Harvey, 18, with Dwight Yorke.
Katie Price: Her six bans (including one for drink-driving)
October 3, 2003 Escaped a speeding charge on a technicality after cops failed to arrest her within 12 weeks. Her Range Rover was allegedly clocked at 70mph in a 40mph zone.
June 5, 2008 Given three penalty points, fined £200 and ordered to pay £80 costs at Feltham magistrates’ court for talking on her mobile phone while driving on April 18.
January 7, 2009 Let off on a legal technicality by Brighton magistrates after allegedly breaking a 30mph limit and not providing the identity of the driver to police.
July 7, 2010 Convicted in her absence by Crawley magistrates after cameras caught her speeding at 99 mph on September 16, 2009. Her lawyer argued she was only speeding because she was being hounded by the paparazzi, but police said there were no other speeding vehicles around. She was fined £250, ordered to pay £500 prosecution costs and given four points on her licence.
September 28, 2010 Convicted at Mid-Sussex Magistrates’ Court for failing to be in proper control of her 7.5-ton lurid pink horsebox after veering into another lane in Sussex on February 19. She was fined £1,000, ordered to pay £650 court costs and a £15 victim surcharge and given three points on her licence, taking her tally to 10.
December 1, 2010 Banned from driving ban for six months after she was caught on speed camera travelling at 83mph in a 70mph zone on the A23 in Pyecombe, West Sussex on 10 December 2009. Ms Price, who did not attend the hearing, pleaded guilty to the charge. In her absence, she was fined £1,000 and given three penalty points on her license (taking her total at that time to 13 points). This took her over the 12-point limit and brought an automatic six-month driving ban and so she was disqualified from driving for six months.
August 31, 2012 Barred from driving on the roads for 12 months, after failing to respond to two speeding tickets. She had been caught speeding in London on September 5 and September 6 2011. The glamour model argued that all of her post was dealt with by her mother and she had never seen the prosecution warnings. Ms Price, who already had six points on her licence at the time, was given six more and banned for 12 months. She was also fined £400.
February 16, 2018 Banned from driving for six months after doing 60mph on the 50mph A24. She already had points on her license. Following the incident in Dial Post, West Sussex in 2017, Ms Price failed to tell police when the speeding ticket arrived and was charged with failing to provide details about the person driving. She failed to show up at magistrates’ court and was given a six-month ban and a £750 fine.
July 28, 2018 In July she was was questioned by police after photographs emerged of her getting behind the wheel of her car while still banned from the road. Pictures revealed Ms Price driving her grey Ford Fiesta home from Gatwick with her youngest kids Jett, aged four, and Bunny, aged three. She handed herself into police and took to Instagram to insist that she thought the ban was over – but as soon as she realised it wasn’t, confessed her wrongdoing to authorities to avoid a ‘guilty conscience.’ The former glamour model said at the time: ‘After driving to Harvey’s Hospital appointment I have NOW found out that I don’t get my licence back until 8th August.’
September 26, 2018 Crashed her £63,000 Ranger Rover on September 26, while allegedly on her mobile phone. The crash was reported to the police. Marketing executive Katie Pugh, 23, told MailOnline that the troubled star rear-ended her Mercedes as they were stuck in traffic on the A3 in Roehampton, Surrey. Pugh said she looked up into her rear-view mirror and noticed Ms Price appearing to be looking at her phone moments before the collision at around 5.30PM on September 26.
October 10, 2018 Arrested on suspicion of drink-driving in the earlier hours of the morning on October 10, after being found by police in her garish pink Range Rover in Woolwich, East London. Ms Price had allegedly been partying with ex-boyfriend Kris Boyson helping him celebrate his 30th birthday when her car ended up hitting a parked car. She took a roadside breath test and was taken to Plumstead Police station where she was released after a night in the cells. Ms Price was then photographed driving her car without wearing her seatbelt, just 36 hours after her drink driving arrest – an infraction that carries a £100 fine.
December 2018 Charged by postal requisition over her drink-driving charge
January 2019 Caught driving while disqualified, and was given another three months.
February 2019 Served a further three month ban after being convicted of drink-driving in October 2018.
Autumn 2019 Issued with her sixth ban – a two-year disqualification – which she appealed. It was reduced to 18 months.
March 2021 Gets behind the wheel of boyfriend Carl Wood’s Range Rover weeks before her 18-month ban is lifted. Questioned by police over the matter
Source: Read Full Article