When the topic of her former boyfriend was brought up in a post-show interview, the ‘Dancing With the Stars’ finalist confesses that she has not talked to him since their split in September.
AceShowbiz –Lauren Alaina has spoken out about her ex-boyfriend, John Crist, following the sexual misconduct allegations leveled against him.
Earlier this month, five women came forward to Christian magazine Charisma News detailing their allegations of sexual misconduct against the comedian, prompting him to scrap his scheduled tour dates.
The country singer announced she split from Crist in September after a four-month romance, insisting the separation was undramatic. And speaking to Entertainment Tonight following Monday’s instalment of “Dancing with the Stars” on November 18, the ballroom dancing contestant said she hasn’t spoken to Crist, but wishes him “the best”.
“I have not talked to him recently, no. But I wish him and everyone in his story the best,” she said. “I’m not really involved in that.”
She continued: “A breakup is always hard, but I’ve just been really focused on myself and dancing each week and doing my best.”
In a lengthy statement following the allegations, Crist issued an apology, telling the publication: “While I am not guilty of everything I’ve been accused of, I confess to being guilty of this – I have treated relationships with women far too casually, in some cases even recklessly.”
Crist added he has, “privately sought and received regular professional treatment for my sexual sin and addiction struggles,” sharing: “I’m committed to getting healing and freedom from my sin and have decided to cancel my remaining tour dates this year and to postpone all future commitments in order to devote all my time and energy on getting healthy spiritually, mentally and physically.”
It is not clear if the allegations against him and his statement will affect the release of an upcoming Netflix comedy special, titled “I Ain’t Prayin’ For That”, and a book, “Untag Me”, set to drop in March.
Source: Read Full Article