Matt Baker divides fans with England Euro 2020 prediction – majority disagree

England train ahead of Scotland clash

When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights. You can unsubscribe at any time.

Countryfile host Matt Baker, 43, expressed his hopes for England winning Euro 2020 on his Instagram Story yesterday, but not everyone was in agreement with his prediction. In view of his 274,000 followers, he wrote: “I actually think England can win the Euros.”

The presenter added a poll to his post to encourage his fans to vote.

The current result shows 39 per cent of voters agree with him, while the remaining 61 per cent don’t.

Matt is yet to comment on the poll results ahead of England’s next match.

The team will be taking on Scotland tomorrow following their win against Croatia.

They beat their former World Cup rivals 1-0 after Raheem Sterling scored.

They are also set to play against Czech Republic on June 22.

Current odds for the team to go all the way are currently at 5-1.

Football pundit Gary Lineker has also revealed he believes England has what it takes to go far in the tournament.

He told Goal: “Expectation is enjoyable, I know sometimes it is the hope that kills you but for the first time in a long time, England have a squad that can compete.”

He added while there might be “a bit of inexperience overall” he thinks the future is “very bright for England”.

“This summer might be too early, but the group stage should be comfortable.

“After that, the draw will be very difficult. It could be one of France, Portugal or Germany.

Alan Sugar slams Dan Wootton’s ‘stupid question’ about taking the knee [WATCH]
Naga Munchetty reprimanded for being ‘pig-headed’ bully at school [LISTEN]
Ruth Langsford breaks silence on Eamonn’s battle with chronic pain [REVEALED]

“We’ll see and I think with so much talent, they should do well,” he added.

Elsewhere, Matt sparked a frenzy on Instagram after he shared a picture of him wearing boxers last week.

The presenter gave fans a glimpse of his legs as he sported tight underwear with wellies in the hot weather.

He wrote: “Too early and hot for anything else…#wellies #boxers #farm #nosocksnoproblem.”

What do you think? Join the debate in the comments section here

Many of his fans flocked to his post to comment.

One wrote: “Some look that mate!”

“That’s clearly the farming equivalent of naked hoovering,” a second added.

A third commented: “Recognise those gymnast legs.”

Source: Read Full Article