Naomi Campbell offers her support Meghan Markle and Prince Harry

Naomi Campbell reveals she will support Meghan Markle and Prince Harry ‘whatever’ happens as couple step back from royal duties

  • Naomi, 49, said of the royal couple, ‘I support them whatever’
  • The supermodel’s comments come after Meghan and Harry announced their decision to step back from frontline royal duties
  • It is not known if Naomi knows the Sussexes personally or has met them

Naomi Campbell has offered her support to Meghan Markle and Prince Harry following their decision to step back from frontline royal duties.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex shocked the world last week with their decision to ‘step back’ and become ‘financially independent’.

Yet supermodel Naomi, 49, insisted she was firmly behind the announcement, as she told PA: ‘I support them whatever.’   

Support: Naomi Campbell has offered her support to Meghan Markle and Prince Harry following their decision to step back from frontline royal duties

It is not known if Naomi knows or has met the Sussexes, but she has previously voiced her support for the pair after they took legal action on the British press. 

She told The Guardian: ‘When I heard [she was taking legal action], I was like “Bravo. Good for her”‘.  

In a statement released on their Sussex Royal Instagram account, Harry, 35, and Meghan, 38, announced they would be stepping back from royal duties following ‘many months of reflection and internal discussions’.

They intend to ‘become financially independent’ while still ‘continuing to fully support Her Majesty The Queen’, the statement said. 

The couple spent six weeks over the festive period based in the Canadian province of British Columbia – staying at an exclusive property on Vancouver Island.

Stepping back: The Duke and Duchess of Sussex shocked the world last week with their decision to ‘step back’ and become ‘financially independent’

The duchess, a former actress, lived and worked in Toronto during her time starring in the popular US drama Suits and knows the country well having lived there for seven years.

Following a meeting at Sandringham on Monday, the Queen said the royals had held ‘very constructive discussions on the future of my grandson and his family’.

The monarch, 93, added: ‘Although we would have preferred them to remain full-time working Members of the Royal Family, we respect and understand their wish to live a more independent life as a family while remaining a valued part of my family.

‘Harry and Meghan have made clear that they do not want to be reliant on public funds in their new lives.

‘It has therefore been agreed that there will be a period of transition in which the Sussexes will spend time in Canada and the UK.

‘These are complex matters for my family to resolve, and there is some more work to be done, but I have asked for final decisions to be reached in the coming days.’

The Sussexes have several celebrity friends, including George Clooney and his wife Amal and Oprah Winfrey.

Oprah has denied advising the couple on their decision to move to Canada, but said she will support them.

Discussions: In a statement released on their Sussex Royal Instagram account, Harry, 35, and Meghan, 38, said the decision followed ‘many months of reflection and internal discussions’

 

Source: Read Full Article