‘I thought he pulled out!’ Strictly Come Dancing viewers baffled by Jamie Laing’s appearance on the launch show after he was forced to quit due to foot injury
Strictly Come Dancing fans were left confused after seeing Jamie Laing in Saturday night’s launch episode despite having pulled out of the show this week.
The Made In Chelsea star, 30, was forced to quit the series early after he sustained a foot injury and admitted he was ‘devastated’ to not be taking part.
However, the launch episode was pre-recorded before Jamie dropped out, leaving some fans wondering why the reality star appeared to still be on the show.
Baffled: Strictly Come Dancing fans were left confused after seeing Jamie Laing in Saturday night’s launch episode despite having pulled out of the show this week
One viewer wrote: ‘I thought Jamie Laing wasn’t in the show anymore?’ while another said: ‘Totally confused. Didn’t Jamie Laing damage himself? Thought the show was live?’
Another fan was equally confused about the pre-recorded show, tweeting: ‘Is Strictly not live tonight then? Thought Jamie Laing was out?’
Jamie joined his fellow celebrities on Saturday’s show which saw the stars learn who their professional dance partners would be.
The Made In Chelsea star was partnered with Oti Mabuse during the launch and looked thrilled as the pair hugged.
Injury: Jamie was forced to quit the show early after he sustained a foot injury and admitted he was ‘devastated’ to not be taking part
Speaking on the show in a VT message after the launch was recorded, Jamie discussed his injury, which he revealed will take eight weeks to recover from.
He said: As I kicked off I felt a pop and searing pain in my foot. There’s defo swelling and defo tissue damage.
‘Because of my injury I’m going to be in a boot for eight weeks recovering, which means I won’t be able to take part in the show.
‘I want to wish all of my fellow competitors the best of luck and I’ll be cheering on with or without the boot.’
Reaction: Viewers took to social media to ask why Jamie Laing was present on the launch episode after announcing he had dropped out
Jamie confirmed he had dropped out on Thursday by uploading video message breaking the news, as the BBC released a statement.
He said: ‘Hello everyone, I just wanted to give a quick update because it’s been released now. Because of my injury, I won’t be competing on Strictly this year, which is incredibly devastating and really upsetting.
‘But these things happen in life, and when they happen, you have to push forward and be positive.’
Show: The Made In Chelsea star was partnered with Oti Mabuse during the launch and looked thrilled as the pair hugged
Injury: Viewers got a glimpse of Jamie’s protective moon boot as he departed the show
Farewell: The reality star was saddened to have to leave the competition
A rep for the show confirmed that: ‘Sadly, due to an injury, Jamie will no longer be able to take part in this year’s series.
‘As the Strictly launch show is pre-recorded, Jamie will still feature in this programme which airs Saturday 7th September.’
He was pictured around London on crutches this week with his foot encased in a protective moon boot, with fans speculating he would have to quit the show.
Jamie added of the news: ‘I was so excited to hit the dance floor! I would like to wish the lovely couples all the very best and hope they enjoy their time on the show to the fullest.’
Executive Producer, Sarah James said: ‘We are so sad that Jamie won’t be able to take part in the series, he had already lit up the ballroom during the launch show with his boundless energy and enthusiasm. We all wish him a full and speedy recovery.’
Recovery: Speaking on the show in a VT message after the launch was recorded, Jamie discussed his injury, which he revealed will take eight weeks to recover from
Source: Read Full Article