Meghan and Harry latest – Royal family set for HELLISH decade after losing three 'major stars', expert claims

THE Royal family is set to suffer a hellish decade after the loss of three major stars, an expert has claimed.

2020 has seen Prince Harry, Meghan Markle and Prince Andrew step out of the royal limelight – admittedly for very different reasons.

The loss of such recognisable names has left the monarchy "dwindling", and forcing "duller" names into the spotlight, according to Graham Smith, CEO of pressure group Republic.

"I think the monarchy has a difficult decade ahead…Meghan and Harry have left, the Queen is withdrawing more and more due to her age and she is likely to die before the end of the decade," he told the Express.

"You are left with the only recognisable royals as Charles, William and Kate. Charles does not have the same warmth and support others have and quite frankly William and Kate are rather dull and uninspiring," he added.

"It is all going to take a lot of shine off the monarchy," Smith went on.

Follow our Meghan and Harry live blog below for the very latest news on the couple and the Royal Family

  • Claudia Aoraha

    FIRST THANKSGIVING IN THE STATES

    According to News Week, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, who spent the holiday in Canada last year, are “looking forward to celebrating their first American Thanksgiving in the states.”

    The couple plan to enjoy a homecooked meal with traditional Thanksgiving dishes.

    According to People, a source said: “They are very happy … Archie is thriving and growing quickly. As a family, they spend hours outside.”

  • Claudia Aoraha

    PEOPLE 'THANKFUL' MEGHAN ADDRESSED MISCARRIAGE

    One person wrote on Twitter: “I’m thankful that women such as Meghan Markle, Christina Perri & Chrissy Teigan have been so open on their large platforms about their experience with miscarriage & child loss.

    “The world needs more awareness.”

  • Claudia Aoraha

    'CYCLE OF SOLITARY MOURNING'

    The Duchess of Sussex, 39, wrote of the moment she knew she was “losing” her second baby in a deeply personal essay for the New York Times.

    Recalling the devastating morning in July, the duchess said she had been looking after her son Archie, who would have been about 14-months-old at the time, when she felt a “sharp cramp”.

    Meghan said she had decided to speak out about her loss because miscarriage was still a taboo subject which led to a “cycle of solitary mourning”.

    And in the essay, Meghan spoke of the importance of sharing pain, saying “together we can take the first steps towards healing”.

  • Claudia Aoraha

    ZARA TINDALL'S MISCARRIAGE

    Zara Tindall was the first member of the royal family to speak openly about miscarriage when she lost two babies following the birth of her eldest daughter Mia, six.

    The Queen’s granddaughter, who is married to rugby captain Mike Tindall, revealed in 2016 that her second pregnancy had ended in a miscarriage.

    And two years later the mum-of-two opened up about the loss in an interview with the Sunday Times, revealing she had suffered a second miscarriage before the birth of her youngest, Lena, two.

    She said at the time: “I think you need to go through a period where you don’t talk about it because it’s too raw.

    “But, as with everything, time’s a great healer.”

  • John Hall

    HARRY AND MEGHAN'S THANKSGIVING PLANS

    The Duke and Duchess will enjoy their first Thanksgiving together in their Californian home as they enjoy a home-cooked meal with vegetables from their garden, sources claim.

    Omid Scobie, co-author of the explosive biography Finding Freedom, shared on Twitter that a source close to the couple informed him of their plans, saying they'll be having a “quiet and cosy” dinner with their son Archie.

    He tweeted: “They are going to have a quiet dinner at home and are looking forward to celebrating their first American Thanksgiving in the States as a family.

    “They plan to enjoy a home-cooked meal with traditional Thanksgiving dishes, including recipes made with fresh vegetables from their garden.”

    This is the couple's first Thanksgiving in America after moving there earlier this year.

  • John Hall

    MEGHAN MARKLE REFLECTS ON HOW 2020 HAS BROUGHT MANY NEAR TO “BREAKING POINT”

    In light of her own struggles after suffering a miscarriage, Meghan Markle has reflected on the collective strain 2020 has brought to people throughout the world.

    From the tragedy of losing loved ones to coronavirus, to the deaths of George Floyd and Breonna Taylor, the Duchess of Sussex's moving piece for the New York Times acknowledges this year has brought so many near to “breaking point”.

    The Duchess also talked about the polarisation of the truth, both in politics and the pandemic.

    She wrote: “That polarization, coupled with the social isolation required to fight this pandemic, has left us feeling more alone than ever.”

  • John Hall

    MEGHAN MARKLE'S FAVOURITE LIPSTICK IS NAMED AFTER PAL VICTORIA BECKHAM

    According to the blog Meghan's Mirror, the former Suits actress' favourite lipstick is Charlotte Tilbury's £25 Very Victoria – inspired by her friend, Posh Spice herself.

    Make-up wise, Meghan is also said to be a fan of the Armani Luminous Silk Foundation, £42 – applied with a BeautyBlender, £16, from Debenhams.

    Here are some of Meghan's go-to items when it comes to her makeup bag.

    On her cheeks she wears NARS blush in Orgasm, which she says “gives you a nice glow from within”, and makes the most of her naturally dark lashes with a £25.50 tube of Diorshow Iconic.

  • John Hall

    HARRY HAS ALWAYS 'CONFIDED' IN PRINCESS EUGENIE

    In their book Finding Freedom, royal journalists Omid Scobie and Carolyn Durand say Harry and Eugenie's have always had a tight relationship, explaining the exchange of Frogmore Cottage.

    They write: “Like Harry, Eugenie also struggled to carve out her own identity growing up.

    “Not being in a senior role meant that she had to go out into the world and find her own path, which she has done, moving to New York in 2013 to work at Paddle8, the auction house run by Misha's husband and Harry's friend Alexander.

    “Harry had always confided in his cousin when it came to the women in his life.

    “Not only did he trust her implicitly, but friends say that she gives great advice and has always been “beyond wise” for her years.”

  • John Hall

    MEGHAN'S SWEET ANNIVERSARY GIFT

    It’s been over two years since Meghan Markle and Prince Harry tied the knot in a fairytale wedding in Windsor – and the Duchess really outdid herself with her first anniversary present to her husband.

    According to People, Meghan hand wrote out their wedding speech and had it framed for Harry to tie in with the 'paper' tradition of the first wedding anniversary.

    While it is not known what was exactly said by the bride on her wedding day, she did declare "I have found my prince."

    She also spoke about her “special bond” with Prince Charles and thanked the royal family for “welcoming” her.

    The Duchess of Sussex has been known for her beautiful handwriting over the years and even taught calligraphy lessons when she worked at the US stationery shop, Paper Source.

  • John Hall

    MEGHAN ‘CONSTANTLY CHECKING IN’ ON JESSICA MULRONEY

    Jessica Mulroney silenced rumours that Meghan ended their friendship following a race row earlier this year.

    Despite rumours that Meghan and Jessica’s friendship is “not what it once was”, Jessica said that she is “constantly” in touch with Meghan, saying the royal often “checks up” on her.

    Earlier this year, mum-of-three Jessica was accused of abusing her “wealth and privilege” by influencer Sasha Exeter to attempt to shut her up in the midst of the Black Lives Matter movement.

    The high profile spat, in which the mum-of-three appeared to threaten Sasha with legal action in a private message after publicly apologising, also reportedly left the Duchess of Sussex “mortified.”

  • John Hall

    ROYAL EXPERT CLAIMS THE CROWN DID NOT ACCURATELY DEPICT FAMILY

    Dickie Arbiter, Queen Elizabeth II's former spokesperson, told Times Radio that The Crown depicted Prince Charles in an unfair manner.

    Mr Arbiter said: “The Crown is entertainment as Peter Morgan admitted this past week is that this is not a documentary.

    “It is not history it is drama and he has taken dramatic licence excessively and he has made the Prince of Wales a villain.

    “Prince Charles is not a villain and he has never been one and Mr Morgan has made Princess Diana a victim.

    “If you look at the marriage, unless you work on a marriage both parties end up victims if you end up having a divorce.

    “I am sorry he has portrayed characters that I simply do not know.

    “I spent 12 years at the palace and I knew everybody there and these are not the people I knew.”

  • John Hall

    TURKEY DAY!

    Prince Harry and Meghan will enjoy their first Thanksgiving together in their Californian home as they enjoy a home-cooked meal with vegetables from their garden, sources claim.

    Omid Scobie, co-author of the explosive biography Finding Freedom, shared on Twitter that a source close to the couple informed him of their plans, saying they’ll be having a “quiet and cosy” dinner with their son Archie.

    He tweeted: “They are going to have a quiet dinner at home and are looking forward to celebrating their first American Thanksgiving in the States as a family.

    “They plan to enjoy a home-cooked meal with traditional Thanksgiving dishes, including recipes made with fresh vegetables from their garden.”

  • John Hall

    PRINCE HARRY WATCHES THE CROWN

    Prince Harry watches The Crown but would “tune out” when it gets to his era, Royal author claims.

    Omid Scobie said that the Duke of Sussex, 36, was certainly “aware” of the first series, and that he'd definitely “taken a look”, unlike his brother Prince William has “no desire” to watch.

    The royal author, who recently released the book 'Finding Freedom' about Meghan and Harry, discussed the new fourth season of the hit Netflix show on his podcast, The Heir Pod.

    He said: “I know that Prince Harry certainly was aware of the first series. I don't know if he watched the full series but he had certainly taken a look. 

    “But I remember speaking to an aide of his who said even if he was to watch the full series he would always tune out the second it got anywhere near his era.”

    The fourth season of The Crown depicts the troubled marriage of Princess Diana and Prince Charles, with an insider claiming it would be “sad” for Harry and William to watch.

Source: Read Full Article