Conor McGregor is unlikely to return to the UFC before next summer, according his coach John Kavanagh.
The Irishman was soundly beaten by Khabib Nurmagomedov last weekend on his return to the UFC following a two-year hiatus.
He is expected to be slapped with a ban by the Nevada State Athletic Commission later this month for his part in the post-fight brawl that overshadowed his defeat.
McGregor has already asked the UFC for a rematch with Nurmagomedov who faces a longer suspension after he launched himself at Dilllon Danis after clambering over the Octagon.
“I think summer is probably realistic,” Kavanagh told Joe Rogan.
“We have to obviously see what punishment Khabib gets. Hopefully, it’s not a long ban.”
Kavanagh also offered the day after St. Patrick’s Day as an option.
“It’s funny I was looking at March 16 [as the next fight] as Paddy’s day is March 17,” he added.
“That’s a Sunday and March 16 is a Saturday so imagine Madison Square Garden on the Saturday night before St Patrick’s Day. That would be insane.”
On Sunday, McGregor was a guest of Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones – and told the billionaire that he wants to fight at the AT&T Stadium.
He said: "I said to Jerry Jones, the owner, you know what would look good in this stadium, bang in the centre of it, a UFC Octagon.
"Not only a UFC Octagon but a UFC Octagon with my bare feet inside of it ready to go."
Who should Conor McGregor fight next?
16000+ VOTES SO FAR
Source: Read Full Article