Cristiano Ronaldo 'claims he and rape accuser went BACK to Las Vegas nightclub' after having ‘consensual’ sex

Kathryn Mayorga, 34, has accused the footballer of raping her in a Las Vegas penthouse suite – a claim he vehemently denies.

According to Portuguese paper Correio de Manha: "The version of CR7 is different: After [sex] he and Mayorga returned to Rain nightclub and spent several hours together."

It's claimed lawyers for the Juventus footballer want to obtain CCTV footage from Rain nightclub at the Palms Hotel, which closed in 2012.

A source said: "Any CCTV that showed Cristiano with Mayorga in the club after visiting his room would support his version."

On Wednesday, Nevada attorney Peter S Christiansen issued a lengthy statement in response to the "inflammatory accusations" lodged against his client.

He said: "To be clear, Mr Ronaldo vehemently denies all of the allegations in the complaint and has consistently maintained that denial for the last nine years.

"The documents which purportedly contain statements by Mr Ronaldo and have been reported in the media are complete fabrications."

Christiansen added material "irresponsibly published" from "stolen documents" included large sections which were "altered and/or completely fabricated".

The statement continued: "To absolve any doubt, Mr Ronaldo has always maintained, as he does today, that what occurred in 2009 in Las Vegas was consensual in nature. While Mr Ronaldo does not deny the existence of the mutual agreement and release, his motivations for agreeing to that resolution have been twisted to say the least."

He continued: "Far from any admission of guilt or any ulterior motive, Mr Ronaldo was advised to privately resolve the allegations against him in order to avoid the inevitable attempts that are now being made to destroy a reputation that has been built upon hard work, athleticism and honour.

"Unfortunately, he now finds himself embroiled in the type of litigation that is all too commonplace in America."

Christiansen's statement concluded: "Mr Ronaldo will leave future discussion of any and all legal matters to his attorneys here and in Europe. He is confident that the truth will survive this frenzy and the laws of Nevada will be upheld and enforced."

The 34-year-old alleges the £100million Portuguese footballer raped her in a Las Vegas hotel room nine years ago.

Ronaldo strongly denies the claims — calling them "fake news" — and says the sex was consensual.

Legal papers seen by The Sun state: “Cristiano Ronaldo pulled the plaintiff into a bedroom and on to a bed and attempted to engage in sexual intercourse.”

It said the plaintiff refused, tried to cover herself and was screaming: “No, no, no”.

It adds: “When Cristiano Ronaldo completed the sexual assault, he allowed her to leave the bedroom stating he was sorry, he was usually a gentleman.”

Ronaldo reportedly previously agreed to pay Ms Mayorga £287,000 to stop her pursuing criminal charges — ­which could have seen him jailed for life — ­­and gagged her from going public.

Christiano Ronaldo has strongly denied the rape accusation, saying the crime was "against everything I believe in".

“I firmly deny the accusations being issued against me,” Ronaldo said in a statement on Twitter.

“Rape is an abominable crime that goes against everything that I am and believe in.

“Keen as I may be to clear my name, I refuse to feed the media spectacle created by people seeking to promote themselves at my expense."



Source: Read Full Article