The weekend is almost upon us, which means that yet another compelling week of drama in soapland has come to an end. However, there’s no reason to panic, as there’s more to come next week, and what a week it promises to be!
A sad day arrives for Leanne Battersby (Jane Danson), Steve McDonald (Simon Gregson), Nick Tilsley (Ben Price) and Tracy Barlow (Kate Ford) in Coronation Street, as Oliver dies in emotional scenes.
Meanwhile, Peter Beale (Dayle Hudson) is stung by a devastating betrayal in EastEnders, when he discovers that Ian (Adam Woodyatt) has included Bobby (Clay Milner Russell) in his will, but excluded him.
There are wedding bells on the horizon, as Priya Kotecha (Fiona Wade) and Al Chapman (Michael Wildman) become engaged in Emmerdale after discussions about their future.
And there is panic aplenty in Hollyoaks, as Liberty Savage (Jessamy Stoddart) fears the worst when baby Faith goes missing.
It’s a week that will change everything for some of soap’s biggest mainstays, and if you’d like a little preview of all of next week’s biggest moments, then check out our bumper Friday guide.
1. Peter receives a call from Lauren in New Zealand, and she reveals that there has been a fire in her house! As a result, she’s got nowhere to live. Peter pleads with dad Ian to assist financially, but insists that Max doesn’t find out.
2. Having clocked that Peter isn’t his usual self, Ash questions him, wanting to know what’s wrong. He shows Ash an email he found on Ian’s laptop. The email contains his dad’s will, and Peter is not included, while Bobby is. Peter begins to punish a clueless Bobby for being included in the will.
3. Mick confides in her that seeing her has taken him right back to his childhood, and thus he’s feeling lost and confused. He continues to open up, telling Katy how desperate he’s become.
4. DI Thompson is fed up, and thus tells Callum that he wants to send Phil to prison, and if he doesn’t get the chance to do so, then he’ll send Callum somewhere much worse!
5. Tina bumps into Kheerat in the street, and he issues her with a dark warning regarding her decision to move in with Gray, as he informs her that he’s not who she thinks he is.
6. A showdown ensues between Kheerat and Gray — something which leaves Mia and Mackenzie rather scared. Whitney therefore steps in. Gray informs Whitney that that wasn’t really him, and she agrees, reminding him that he’s a ‘good man’.
7.Ian is questioned by a Walford Gazette journalist, and he deflects the questions by divulging all of Suki’s dodgy dealings!
8. Leanne tells Imran that she wants to sue the hospital for negligence. However, Imran reveals that he and Elliot are no longer prepared to represent her. Leanne promises to find another lawyer to take over her case, but her efforts prove fruitless, as every solicitor she calls refuses to help.
9. Dr Howarth is concerned about Oliver’s liver function and therefore decides to run some blood tests. Later, the boy arrests. Steve pleads with Leanne to put an end to Oliver’s suffering and let him die with dignity. Therefore, Leanne announces that she’s dropping her appeal.
10. Leanne is incredibly emotional, as Oliver’s last day arrives. She insists that she must go home and get Oliver’s favourite pyjamas, and Nick informs her that now is the time to say goodbye. Leanne admits she can’t do it, but she later musters up the strength to return to the hospital.
11. Steve and Leanne sit with Oliver, and serenade him once more with a rendition of You are my Sunshine. Nick and Tracy are heartbroken, as they listen from the hospital corridor.The singing stops and thus they know that Oliver has died.
12. Peter assures Carla that in spite of recent events, their relationship is strong. However, when he pops by the factory and she’s not there, his interest is piqued.
13. Ray pops by Speed Daal to have a word with Geoff regarding the house. The hotelier offers to buy said house at a knockdown price. Geoff therefore informs Alya that he’s changed his mind about selling the house, and thus he’s moving to Cyprus!
14. Ryan Connor informs Alya that, according to the satnav in the van, Geoff has been frequenting Oldham. Alya thinks this could have something to do with Elaine’s disappearance, and therefore forms a plan. She share her suspicions with Tim and Sally before they obtain entry to No.6, and search the house.
15. Harriet discovers that Dawn has been prostituting herself and therefore sits down with the young woman, as they have a heart to-heart. However, things take a turn when Harriet brings up Malone. Billy happens to be passing by, and he notices that Dawn is somewhat distressed. Therefore, he tries to talk to her, but Harriet orders him to let her go.
16. In spite of Harriet’s stern request, Billy is unable to do leave, and thus attempts to speak to Dawn. During the pair’s conversation, Dawn ultimately admits to Billy that she’s been working on the streets again. Billy attempts to comfort her — which leads to her snapping.
17. Leyla picks up on tension between Liam and Gabby. Fed up of Liam, Gabby rails at him, but they’re both at a loss for words when Leyla enters — interrupting their argument. She attempts to work out what’s going on, and she ultimately comes to the conclusion that there is something going on between Liam and Gabby!
18. Priya suggests that they get married some day, but Al’s not keen. Priya is hurt by such a comment, but she covers — all the while wondering where that leaves them.Eventually, she reveals what marriage means to her, in the hopes of making Al understand why she proposed in the first place. Her words seemingly have the desired effect, as — after she finishes saying her piece — Al responds with a proposal of his own!
19. Jacob reveals to mum Leyla that he’s leaving the village to go to Portugal for six months, before he ultimately exits.
20. Ben apologises to Aaron for what happened with his mate Tom and thus tries to make amends.
21. Sienna relays her worries about Liberty to Brody, but Nico attempts to make Liberty believe that her sister is simply conspiring against her in order to take the baby. Brody and Sienna take action, and ambush Liberty with a doctor.
22. Nico proceeds to manipulate Liberty — ordering her to ‘get rid’ of Sienna on this very day, and to do so by any means necessary! However, tragedy strikes, as Liberty comes to realise that Faith isn’t in her pram, and she screams — yelling that someone has taken her daughter.
23. Kurt sets his sights on Verity’s bank balance once more, as he’s desperate for her to invest more money. Therefore, he decides to propose! Will Verity be won over?
24. Kurt encounters an obstacle in his plan, when Edward overhears him on the phone discussing Verity’s investment in his scam.
25. Cormac’s daughter Summer arrives, leaving Brody worried.
EastEnders airs Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday on BBC One. Coronation Street airs Monday, Wednesday and Friday on ITV, while Emmerdale airs Monday-Friday. Hollyoaks airs Monday-Thursday on E4.
If you’ve got a soap or TV story, video or pictures get in touch by emailing us [email protected] – we’d love to hear from you.
Join the community by leaving a comment below and stay updated on all things soaps at our homepage.
MORE : Hollyoaks star Kirsty-Leigh Porter reveals body bag death ‘could literally be anyone
MORE : Hollyoaks spoilers: Connor Calland reveals he’s ‘pulling hairs out’ over body bag death
Source: Read Full Article