THE MET Police have been hit with a huge backlash after dropping their investigation into shamed actor Noel Clarke.
BAFTA winner Clarke, 45, was accused by up to 20 women of sexual harassment and bullying, which led to a probe by police.
But now the force have dropped the investigation, after ruling that the women’s testimonies would not meet the “threshold for a criminal investigation.”
Co-founder of Reclaim These Streets, Anna Birley has slammed the decision to drop the investigation.
She said: “Reporting experiences of sexual assault or abuse is difficult, and so it must be hugely upsetting for women who have been so brave and spoken out to hear that the police don’t believe their testimonies are enough.”
“Our criminal justice system fails women time and again. Women deserve to be listened to and believed.”
READ MORE SHOWBIZ
Inside Katie Price’s SEVEN doomed engagements as she splits from Carl Woods
Katie Price’s sister Sophie gets engaged just hours after Carl Woods split
In May last year the Met confirmed that they had received complaints about Clarke, and were investigating – before confirming that more women had come forward two months later.
The Doctor Who and Bulletproof star quit TV production company, Unstoppable Film and Television Limited, in the wake of the scandal.
Clarke, married to make-up artist Iris Da Silva, apologised after the initial complaints but denies sexual misconduct.
He said: “Some actions affected people in ways I did not intend or realise. I am deeply sorry. I will be seeking help.”
Most read in Showbiz
OOH LA LA
Stephen Mulhern fans' shock as secret romance with EastEnders actress revealed
OOH LA LA
Taylor Hawkins' heart was 'DOUBLE normal size after drugs cocktail binge'
Katie Price breaks silence after split from fiance Carl as he enjoys night out
80s pop legend kisses new brunette lover after romantic dinner date
But now the force have decided that they will not launch a formal probe “following a thorough assessment by specialist detectives”.
A spokesman for the Met said: “We have updated the complainants. If any further allegations related to those already assessed are reported then it will be thoroughly considered.”
One accuser claims Clarke said he planned to “f*** her and fire her”, adding that he secretly filmed a naked audition.
Read More on The Sun
Russian soldier surrenders with tank for £7.5k & Ukrainian citizenship
Ant and Dec tell WRONG family they won a free holiday on Saturday Night Takeaway
BAFTA knew about the claims before handing him an Outstanding British Contribution to Cinema award and later retracted the gong.
Sky halted filming of his crime drama Bulletproof, while ITV pulled the final episode of the drama Viewpoint.
Source: Read Full Article