THE Split was a HUGE hit when it landed on BBC One back in 2019.
Fans can't wait for the second series to land and the wait is almost over.
When is The Split back on TV?
The Split returns for series two on February 11, 2020.
You can catch it on BBC One at 9pm and the series is likely to run for six episodes.
If you miss any or want to catch up, all the shows will be available on BBC iPlayer shortly after broadcast.
The Split is set in the fast-paced, messy world of London’s high-end divorce circuit – and one family of all female lawyers are at the forefront of it.
Who is in the cast of The Split series 2?
The new series sees the return of last season's main cast PLUS some newbies.
- Nicola Walker – The actress, whose TV credits include unforgotten and Last Tango In Halifax is back playing Hannah, a divorce lawyer and the oldest of the Defoe sisters. Nicola describes Hannah as someone who "picks her way through other people's marriages and relationships, all the while questioning her own".
- Stephen Mangan – The star of Green Wing and Episodes returns as Nathan, Hannah's husband.
- Annabel Scholey – The actress plays the no-nonsense middle Defoe sister Nina who, in the last series, dropped a lot of bombshells along the way.
- Fiona Button – The actress is back playing the adorable Rose, the younger sister of Hannah and Nina.
- Deborah Findlay – The actress returns as the matriarch of the Defoe family, the formidable Ruth. Deborah is well known for her role in the BBC's Cranford.
- Barry Atsma – The actor returns as Hannah's lost love Christie.
We’ll also be seeing newcomers Donna Air plays Fi and Ben Bailey Smith stars as Richie who will be at the heart of the legal battle portrayed in series two.
Damien Molony, known for Being Human and Brassic, has also joined the cast playing Tyler Donaghue.
What will happen on The Split series 2?
In Series 2, family lawyer Hannah faces relationship problems of her own.
Although her and Nathan’s marriage seems to be back on track, Hannah still can’t forgive Nathan for his past infidelity and her feelings for Christie haven’t gone away.
Will she take a course which could result in the end of her marriage, or can she in fact have it all?
With pressure mounting on her in her personal life, at work the newly merged firm Noble Hale Defoe means that the former rivals now find themselves on the same side of the table.
When Hannah meets a new client, TV presenter Fi Hansen, who needs Hannah’s help escaping her marriage to music producer Richie, it looks like an explosive case which is set to put NHD firmly on the map.
How did The Split series 1 end?
Oscar's glamorous second wife Maya arrived in London, while his daughter Hannah struggled to save her marriage to Nathan.
She then received heartbreaking news that her old fling and colleague at her law firm, Christie, was moving to Chicago.
But things took a twist for the happier when Rose and James finally celebrated their wedding day and their usually fierce mum Ruth made a beautiful speech about the nature of love.
But things took yet another turn when Hannah turned up at Christie's in the middle of the night and kissed him.
But while Hannah was on cloud nine she received a call from Nina summoning her back to the family home – and when Hannah arrived, she found her dad Oscar being taken from the house by paramedics after passing away.
Source: Read Full Article