An office and shopping center were partly destroyed in a blast seemingly caused by a gas leak in Columbia, Maryland, early Sunday morning, according to officials.
The explosion occurred at about 8 a.m. ET, just 30 minutes after first responders received a call about a possible gas leak, according to Howard County Fire and Emergency Services.
The explosion seemed to occur at a building that houses a Social Security office and a dental practice, according to NBC Washington. The business are located in the middle of a popular shopping area.
The blast also triggered a power outage in the area, with several nearby businesses losing electricity.
Source: Read Full Article