Accuser in latest R. Kelly abuse scandal speaks out

‘I’ve been carrying this since 2003’: Woman who says R. Kelly ‘masturbated on her after he tried to coerce her to perform oral sex’ speaks out for the first time

  • Lanita Carter was 24 years old when she was working as R. Kelly’s hairdresser
  • She alleges that in 2003, R. Kelly tried to force her to perform oral sex
  • When she resisted, she says the singer masturbated on her
  • Carter is the only one of Kelly’s four accusers who was not underage at the time of the alleged crimes
  • Kelly is charged with 10 counts of aggravated criminal sexual abuse 
  • e-mail

7

View
comments

One of the accusers in a criminal sex abuse case against R. Kelly has spoken publicly about her ordeal for the first time, alleging that the R&B superstar tried to force her to perform oral sex and then masturbated on her when she resisted.

‘I’ve been carrying this since 2003,’ Lanita Carter told CBS news in an excerpt of an interview set to air Thursday.

‘I have had to sit on a public bus and watch public conversation: “Did you hear about what they did with R. Kelly? They need to leave that man alone.” 

‘And I can’t stand up for myself.’


Lanita Carter says she was sexually assaulted by R. Kelly when she worked as his hairdresser in 2003. She was 24 years old at the time

https://youtube.com/watch?v=HbZj_No4bdE%3Ffeature%3Doembed

Carter is one of four women involved in a case brought by Chicago prosecutors who charged Kelly with 10 counts of aggravated criminal sexual abuse.

Three of his alleged victims were underage, while Carter was 24 at the time she says she was attacked.

She says that while working as Kelly’s hairdresser, the singer tried to force her to perform oral sex. 

  • The FBI is ‘reviewing why the charges against Jussie… James Comey says he was RIGHT to start Russian collusion…

Share this article

When she resisted, he allegedly masturbated on her.

According to court documents a shirt Carter submitted for DNA testing matches Kelly’s profile.

Through tears Carter spoke of her struggle coming forward against a global celebrity as powerful as Kelly.

‘If I die tomorrow, I know that I told the truth,’ she said. 


Pictured: R. Kelly appears for a hearing at the Leighton Criminal Court Building in Chicago, Illinois, in March 2019




Kelly was released from a Chicago jail on March 9 after a child support payment of more than $161,000 was made to an ex-wife, police said, ending his second incarceration in two weeks after a prior arrest on sex assault charges 

‘It’s hard when it’s a celebrity. It’s not easy.

‘Today I say no more,’ Carter continued. 

‘You can talk about me. You can not like what I’m saying about your favorite singer… But this is my life, this is my truth.’

The abuse described in the criminal case against Kelly – who is out on bail – is alleged to have occurred between May 1998 and January 2010.

The details echo previous accusations of sexual misconduct that have followed the artist for the last two decades.

Earlier this month, R. Kelly denied sexual abuse charges against him and broke into tears while saying he was fighting for his life.

Kelly, 52, pleaded not guilty in February to charges that he sexually assaulted three teenage girls and Carter in alleged incidents dating back to 1998, weeks after a Lifetime television documentary leveled new accusations against him.

In his first interview since the indictment, CBS This Morning co-host Gayle King asked Kelly about allegations that he had sex with women under 18 and that he was physically and verbally abusive.


Kelly, 52, pleaded not guilty in February to sexually assaulting three teenage girls and Carter in alleged incidents dating back to 1998, weeks after a Lifetime television documentary leveled new accusations against him. He is seen above leaving a Chicago court on Friday 

‘Not true,’ the I Believe I Can Fly singer responded. 

King, who spoke to Kelly in Chicago, his hometown, then asked if he had held anyone against his will. ‘I don’t need to. Why would I?’ he said.

The singer grew angry and emotional as the interview went on, turning to make his argument directly to the camera. ‘That’s stupid. Use your common sense,’ he said.

‘Forget the blogs, forget how you feel about me,’ Kelly added. 

‘Hate me if you want to, love me if you want. But just use your common sense. How stupid would it be for me, with my crazy past.’

Pounding his chest for emphasis, Kelly shouted, ‘I didn’t do this stuff!’ 

His voice cracked and he broke into tears, saying: ‘This is not me! I’m fighting for my f*****g life!’ 

Kelly, whose real name is Robert Sylvester Kelly, could face up to seven years in prison for each of the 10 counts if convicted.  

Kelly was released from a Chicago jail on March 9 after a child support payment of more than $161,000 was made to an ex-wife, police said, ending his second incarceration in two weeks after a prior arrest on sex assault charges. 

Source: Read Full Article