Nearly 260,000 people tested positive for coronavirus in just 24 hours in the biggest surge in infections since the pandemic began.
The number of confirmed infections worldwide has passed 14.2 million, with the most significant jumps recorded in the US, India, Brazil and South Africa.
It follows the UK Government’s decision to ‘pause’ their daily death toll announcements following accusations that the numbers have been exaggerated.
Health Secretary Matt Hancock ordered an urgent review into how Public Health England has been calculating the daily figures, with experts claiming the organisation counts people as victims if they die of any cause at any time after testing positive for Covid-19.
- Record-breaking 260,000 people test positive in 24 hours in massive global surge
- England records eight dead in hospitals as Government stops releasing UK total
- Anti-face mask protesters take to London streets as they won’t be ‘tracked or poisoned’
- When is it mandatory to wear masks in shops and what kinds of face coverings are allowed?
- Lifting lockdown ‘has not led to uptick in coronavirus cases’
Here, we bring you live updates on the latest news, developments and guidance on the Covid-19 pandemic.
Source: Read Full Article