A person who sought to capitalize on the vandalism of President Trump’s Walk of Fame star in Hollywood by selling a piece of the rubble on eBay has been left in the dust.
The auction site told TMZ that it pulled the listing because it violated the company’s “Other Illegal Activity” provision prohibiting the sale of items or links to items that encourage, promote, facilitate, or instruct others to engage in illegal activities.
Austin Clay, 24, was charged with felony vandalism for allegedly smashing Trump’s star in response to the White House’s family separation policy at the Mexican border.
A piece was later offered on eBay with a starting bid of $500.
“This abandoned piece of debris is the last remaining piece,” the eBay user said on the since-deleted seller page, according to the Daily Caller.
“Verified from the location and time with video/photo evidence. Also, it is a surface piece so it can be positively verified with previously taken photos of the star.”
The deleted auction was not the first to offer a remnant of the star-crossed sidewalk display on eBay.
Another man who took a pickax and sledgehammer to smash the star on Oct. 26, 2016, also initially sought to sell the terrazzo and brass pieces to raise money for women who had accused Trump of assault, according to the LA Times.
But James Otis, heir to the famous elevator company, ended up returning the metal bits to police because auctioning them would be illegal, his attorney Mieke ter Poorten told the paper in February 2017.
The Beverly Hills resident pleaded no contest to one count of felony vandalism.
Source: Read Full Article