Mother and daughter killed were due to return home

First picture of boyfriend, 38, who ‘strangled’ mother, 37, and daughter, 15, then hanged himself in ‘double murder-suicide’ just days before they were due to return home to Colombia

  • Giselle Marimon-Herrera and daughter Allison Marimon-Herrera found dead 
  • They were set to return to Colombia just days before they were found strangled  
  • Russell Steele, 38, from Scotland, was also found dead inside the Newry flat

The heartbroken father of a woman who was found strangled in her home along with her 15-year-old daughter has said she was due to return home to Colombia next week.

Fabian Marimon said daughter Giselle Marimon-Herrera, 37, from Colombia, and granddaughter Allison Marimon-Herrera, 15, were set to arrive to the South American country before their tragic deaths.

Mr Marimon said he fears his daughter, who last spoke to her father last Saturday, was murdered before she could return home for good. 

Both mother and daughter, who were found dead at a flat in Newry, Northern Ireland, on Thursday, were strangled in a suspected double murder suicide, with detectives saying there was a ‘strong possibility’ that Ms Marimon-Herrera was also throttled. 

Giselle Marimon-Herrera, 37, from Colombia, and daughter Allison Marimon-Herrera, 15, were found dead in their flat in Newry, Northern Ireland

The body of 38-year-old Russell Steele, from Scotland, who was named as Giselle Marimon-Herrera’s partner, was also found dead inside the Newry property

The bodies were discovered at about 11am on Thursday after police forced entry into the property. 

The body of 38-year-old Russell Steele, from Kilmarnock, Ayrshire, Scotland, named as Giselle Marimon-Herrera’s partner, was also found hanged inside the flat.    

Mr Marimon told Belfast Live: ‘The last time we spoke was Saturday, the day before she was killed. She was happy and laughing and everything seemed normal.

‘We were expecting her home in the coming days. We are a close family and we missed each other too much.

‘When we couldn’t get a visa to visit her, that’s when she decided she would return to Colombia and live here with us.’ 

A police officer leaves flowers outside the flats in Newry, where the bodies of Giselle Marimon-Herrera, 37, Allison Marimon-Herrera, 15, and 38-year-old Russell Steele were found

A member of staff from the forensic team in seen carrying out investigations outside the property

A police forensic officers carries outside investigations following the deaths of three people at a flats in Newry, Co Down

A police officer stands guard outside a block of flats after the bodies of a man, a woman and a teenage girl were discovered at a flat at around 11am on Thursday morning

  • Two women, aged 17 and 23, are among four arrested on…

    ‘He told his mum he’d be back for tea’: Yousef Makki, 17,…

Share this article

Earlier reports from Spanish media also claimed that Mr Marimon was willing to sell his taxi to travel to Northern Ireland and say his last farewell to his daughter and granddaughter.  

Yesterday pictures were revealed of Ms Marimon-Herrera, who is originally from Colombia and moved to Northern Ireland four years ago, and her daughter who were found lying dead in their flat for three days after the suspected ‘murder suicide’.

Daughter Allison Marimon-Herrera, who was born in Spain and has lived in Northern Ireland since 2017, was a pupil at Newry High School.        

A police officer stands outside the flats where  three bodies lay undiscovered for three days

A forensic officer are seen emerging from the property were three bodies were found on Thursday

Speaking yesterday Detective Superintendent Jason Murphy described the deaths as an ‘unspeakable tragedy’. 

He added: ‘I believe that Giselle and Allison were still alive in the early hours of Sunday morning but family members have not been able to contact them since.’ 

A PSNI statement on Twitter read: ‘Following post mortems detectives can confirm that the cause of 15 year old Allison Marimon-Herrera’s death was strangulation. 

‘Results are not definitive for Giselle (37) however at this stage detectives believe there is a strong possibility she too was strangled.’

According to the Irish Times, the victims’ family have requested consular assistance to allow them to travel to Northern Ireland.

Fabian Marimon said he was seeking help through diplomatic channels to visit Newry to find out what happened to his daughter.

Yadeli Marimon, the sister of the dead woman, told local media that the family had become worried after not hearing from the mother or daughter since the weekend.

A murder investigation has now been launched following the deaths of the three people.

Source: Read Full Article