Salisbury Novichok survivor Charlie Rowley has been rushed to intensive care after going blind, according to reports.
Mr Rowley spent 10 days in a coma after being exposed to the same deadly nerve agent that nearly killed ex-Russian agent Sergei Skripal and daughter Yulia.
Mr Rowley’s partner Dawn Sturgess, 45, who was also poisoned, died from the effects of the Soviet-era chemical at Salisbury General Hospital in Wiltshire.
Now Mr Rowley is back in hospital after going temporarily blind, according to his brother Matthew, who told The Sun: "I have spoken to him and he went temporarily blind and couldn’t see anything."
A friend added: "We are all worried for Charlie. He’s had it tough with the poisoning and losing Dawn. He was in a bad way and so dialled 999."
A hospital spokesman declined to comment on any individual cases, but said it was not currently treating anyone for nerve agent-related illness.
The couple were first taken ill in June after Ms Sturgess sprayed perfume on her wrists from a bottle they had picked up, which investigators now believe contained Novichok.
They were both rushed to hospital hours later with symptoms including foaming at the mouth and hallucinating.
Anti-terror police launched a murder probe when Ms Sturgess died and it is believed they were poisoned with the same nerve agent that nearly killed the Skripals three months earlier.
The Kremlin has denied any involvement in the poisonings, allegedly masterminded to get revenge on former double agent Mr Skripal.
Mr Rowley said the deadly nerve agent took just 15 minutes to poison Ms Sturgess after she sprayed the "oily" substance on to her wrists believing it was perfume he had given her as a gift.
Describing the moment he found his partner ill at home, Mr Rowley said in an interview with ITV: "Within 15 mins Dawn said she had a headache. She asked me if I had any headache tablets. I had a look around the flat.
"In that time she said she felt peculiar and needed to lie down in the bath.
"At the time I thought it seemed a bit strange and I went into the bathroom and found her in the bath, fully clothed, in a very ill state.
"I didn’t know what to do. My first reaction was maybe she’s just overreacting or something. But I could tell it was more than that.
"Within a minute I could tell she wasn’t faking anything. She was having a proper attack of some sort.
"I felt helpless. I don’t have great medical knowledge. I was talking to the person on the phone trying to do the best I could. It was all I could do."
Source: Read Full Article