Thai man, 28, is electrocuted by his phone

Man, 28, is electrocuted by his phone while playing with it as it’s plugged into a charger at his home in Thailand

  • Kittisak Moonkitti, 28, retired to his bedroom in Chonburi, western Thailand 
  • His mother, Rinnaporn Moonkitti, 57, called to him to help clean the house 
  • After he failed to answer, she tried poking him with a stick to wake him up 
  • The 28-year-old chef had burn marks across both of his hands and forearms  

A Thai man died from a suspected electric shock yesterday after playing on his phone while it was charging.

Kittisak Moonkitti, 28, shut himself in his room with his black Android smartphone in Chonburi, western Thailand on Monday afternoon.

When his mother Rinnaporn Moonkitti, 57, was about to leave for work she went to check on her son, because he had not answered her calls to help clean the house.

Kittisak Moonkitti, 28, is pictured after police discovered his body in his bedroom in Chonburi, western Thailand yesterday afternoon. Investigators believe he electrocuted himself playing on his smartphone while it was charging

Kittisak’s mother, 57-year-old Rinnaporn Moonkitti, (not pictured) discovered her son’s body on Monday after trying to wake him to help her clean the house. Kittisak is pictured before his death in Thailand

Rinnaporn saw her son, a chef, lying still in his bedroom with his right hand holding his handset, which was plugged in to the mains.

He had burn marks across his hand and both of his forearms.

Rinnaporn said that she tried to wake her son by yelling his name and poking him with a stick but he did not respond so she called the police.

Officers arrived and pronounced the young man dead at the scene from a suspected electric shock caused by his mobile phone.

Investigators are pictured examining Kittisak’s body yesterday afternoon. On first inspection, the police said they believe that the 28-year-old chef died from an electric shock

Kittisak is pictured before his death in Thailand. His grieving mother said she thought he was sick when she was unable to wake him yesterday 

When police found Kittisak, there were burn marks across both of his hands and arms (pictured), which lead police to believe that he was shocked by the phone charger in his bedroom in Thailand yesterday

The devastated mother said: ‘I came here to visit him but he stayed in his bedroom all the time, even when I called out to him to help me clean. That’s when I went to check him in his bedroom.

‘I was worried that he was sick because he did not respond to any of my call and my nudges. Then I contacted the police right away.’

Police said that their first thoughts were that Kittisak had been electrocuted.

This image shows Kittisak after his death in his bedroom in western Thailand yesterday. Police have said they will be able to confirm the cause of death after they perform an autopsy on the deceased 

They cited the reports from paramedics which identified burn marks on his right hand from where he had been holding the phone.

Captain Issara Arokha said: ‘The body examination by the paramedics showed burns on the victim’s right hand which suggested that he was electrocuted by his charging phone.

‘We will take the body for a post-mortem examination before we will confirm the cause of death.’ 


Source: Read Full Article