Our team is dedicated to finding and telling you more about the products and deals we love. If you love them too and decide to purchase through the links below, we may receive a commission. Pricing and availability are subject to change.
Welcome to Best Bites, a video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie.
These cheesy sloppy joe sliders are an easy appetizer or meal, depending on how many you want to eat. Actually, you may just want to make them the main dish, because it will be hard to stop putting them on your plate. They’re the ultimate hand held comfort food.
- 3 tablespoons butter, plus more for melting
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground beef (we use 80% lean)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons dark or light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 12 small hamburger buns for serving
- 2 cups shredded cheese or 24 slices of cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds for topping
- Heat a Dutch oven over medium heat and add 3 tablespoons of butter.
- Once melted, quickly add the onion and stir occasionally until translucent.
- Add the peppers and garlic and stir occasionally for 1 minute, then add the ground beef and break it up with a wooden spoon, stirring it all together.
- Allow to cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the brown sugar, mustard, Worcestershire, liquid smoke, chili powder and paprika.
- Stir for 30 seconds and then add the ketchup and vinegar.
- Allow to cook for 5 minutes, season to taste and serve or cook up to 1 hour on low and then serve. The longer it cooks, the better the flavor.
- Scoop onto buns that have been brushed with butter.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place the bun bottoms in a baking dish and fill each bun half with meat and a pile of cheese. Then, place the top bun on each.
- Brush top buns with more melted butter and sprinkle with poppy seeds.
- Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Remove the foil and bake 2 more minutes to toast the buns.
If you enjoyed reading this article, you may want to read about the rainbow knives Selena Gomez uses on her HBO Max cooking show.
More from In The Know:
The Disney Parks Monopoly game that sold out is finally back in stock
Subscribe to our daily newsletter to stay In The Know
Complete your WFH setup with this $52 office chair
Nordstrom has face masks that are selling out fast
Source: Read Full Article