Thomas Markle is spotted dining at Chinese restaurant in California as he continues recovery from heart-surgery
- Meghan Markle’s father went for lunch with a friend who drove him to California
- Pair dined on tempura shrimp, orange chicken and vegetable chow mein
- He refused to say whether he has spoken to his daughter since her wedding
- Markle Sr was last seen stopping at a Starbucks in Mexico after missing Meghan’s big day following surgery on his heart
Thomas Markle was spotted dining out with a friend in California on Wednesday, four days after his daughter married Prince Harry in Windsor Castle.
Markle Sr was driven over the border from his adopted hometown of Rosarito, Mexico, to Chinese restaurant Ying Li, in San Ysidro, by his companion.
There, the 73-year-old and his female friend dined on tempura shrimp, lemon shrimp, orange chicken and vegetable chow mein.
Thomas Markle and a female friend drove over the border from Mexico to California on Tuesday where they had lunch at a Chinese restaurant
Mr Markle and his companion ate lemon shrimp, tempura shrimp, orange chicken and vegetable chow mein at the Ying Li restaurant in San Ysidro
As he was leaving, Markle Sr was asked whether he had spoken to his daughter since her wedding, which he refused to answer.
He also refused to be drawn on whether he regretted staging photos with a paparazzi agency ahead of the big day.
Amid the ensuing scandal Mr Markle suffered a heart attack and was forced to have surgery which ultimately meant he missed the wedding.
He had been due to walk Meghan down the aisle but was replaced by Prince Charles.
Markle Sr told TMZ that since his deal with paparazzi emerged that he has been constantly hounded by photographers.
‘I never asked for this and my friends never asked for this and photographers, knowing there’s a child in the car, have no business chasing it,’ he said.
This is the second time Mr Markle has been seen in public since the wedding on Saturday, having previously been spotted returning home.
He claimed to have been in hospital recovering from having three stents inserted into his heart and said he watched the ceremony from his bed.
This is not the first time Mr Markle has been seen since the wedding. On Monday he was pictured returning home to Rosarito after claiming to have spent time in California recovering from a heart attack
On that occasion, Mr Markle and his companion stopped at a Starbucks and he came away with what appeared to be a large, sugary drink
But claims have since emerged that he actually spent the weekend at a $30-per-night Airbnb not far from his home.
Sources told The Sun that he checked in on Thursday and checked that there was a TV in the room so he could watch the wedding.
‘He definitely wanted to lay low. He was given his space and he did not come out of the guesthouse,’ the source said.
Meghans’s yoga teacher mother Doria Ragland (pictured), 61, was the only member of the newly minted Duchess of Sussex’ family to attend the wedding
Close attention has been paid to Mr Markle’s dietary habits since he claimed to have suffered a heart attack.
Markle Sr was previously photographed by DailyMail.com at a McDonald’s drive-thru two days after he said he had suffered a heart attack picking up two Happy Meals and a chocolate milkshake covered with whipped cream around lunchtime.
A few hours later, Thomas was spotted again as he pulled into a KFC near the Mexican border for dinner, grabbing himself a bucket of chicken for dinner.
The night prior he was seen getting a Yoohoo and some Gas X at a 7-11 in San Diego.
His return home came days after Meghan walked down the aisle in a spectacular Givenchy dress – accompanied for part of it by her new father-in-law Prince Charles.
Her yoga teacher mother Doria Ragland, 61, was the only member of the newly minted Duchess of Sussex’ family to attend the wedding and was seated alone.
Markle Sr is understood to have watched the ceremony, which took place at 4am Pacific Time, on TV – later pronouncing it ‘joyful and emotional’ in an interview with his favored media outlet, gossip website TMZ.
Mr Markle was supposed to walk his daughter down the aisle on her big day but was forced to withdraw over health concerns, with Prince Charles replacing him
Meghan wed Prince Harry on Saturday in a ceremony at Windsor Castle watched by an estimated 2billion people worldwide
Mr Markle said he text his daughter before the ceremony to tell her that he loved her and regretted not being able to be there
The former lighting director added: ‘My baby looks beautiful and she looks very happy. I wish I were there and I wish them all my love and all happiness.’
In a second interview with the same outlet, he revealed he had texted his daughter to tell her he loved her before the ceremony and said he regretted not being able to go.
He told TMZ: ‘The service was beautiful and it [is] history. I will always regret not being able to be there and not being able to hold my daughter’s hand.’
Markle Sr also slammed his son and eldest daughter Thomas Jr, 51, and Samantha Grant, 53, saying they ‘should just shut up about everything’.
On Monday, Meghan’s estranged half-sister Samantha called on the duchess to ‘do the right thing’ and reunite their family in the wake of the royal wedding.
She also called on Prince Harry to fly Markle Sr over once he is back to full health in order that he is able to fulfill his lifelong dream of visiting Buckingham Palace.
Source: Read Full Article