Who is Joanna Dennehy? The Peterborough ditch murders serial killer who murdered three men

Dennehy ran away from home aged 16 and at her sentencing a judge said he believed she should never be released. Here's all you need to know about her crimes.

Who is Joanna Dennehy?

Joanna Dennehy left home at the age of 16 and never returned.

The 33-year-old pleaded guilty to the Peterborough ditch murders, as they were known, which were a series of three murders that took place in March 2013.

She stabbed two other men who were left fighting for their lives.

Psychiatrists later diagnosed her with "psychopathic, anti-social and emotional instability disorders".

Dennehy, from Peterborough, specifically targeted men during her killing spree, and said she did not want to kill a woman, especially not a woman with children.

It was reported she had wanted to kill nine men in total, to be like notorious killers Bonnie and Clyde.

She became "besotted" with former university lecturer Alexandra Crouzieres she met in the prison gym.

Equine science expert Crouzieres, 37, has since been freed, but the pair sparked a security alert when she tried to pass the triple murderer a ring during visiting time.

In July 2018, it was reported that she was penning blood-soaked erotic fiction about a woman who has sex with men before murdering them.

Who were her victims?

Kevin Lee was a property developer, landlord and her lover.

He was killed on March 29, 2013.

His body was found the next day near Newborough.

Dennehy had dressed him in a black sequinned dress before dumping his body.

The other two victims were her housemates – Lukasz Slaboszewski and John Chapman.

Slaboszewski was killed on March 19, and Chapman on March 29.

Their bodies were found with stab wounds.

Dennehy recruited an accomplice, Gary Stretch, 47, who she was said to have "cast a spell over" – he was later jailed for life after he was found guilty of attempted murder.

The pair drove to Hereford where Dennehy stabbed two more men, John Rogers, 64, and Robin Bereza, 57, but both survived.

In October 2017 The Sun on Sunday reported Dennehy was bragging to fellow inmates how she had killed four people rather than three.

What has her mother said about her crimes?

Dennehy's mum, spoke about her daughter in a documentary which aired on the Crime + Investigation channel in January 2017.

Kathleen said her daughter loved netball and hockey and was a sensitive child growing up.

She said: “She was very sensitive. If she stood on a worm or something she would be really upset if it died – she used to take them to bed with her. So she was a loving girl.

“She was polite to everybody. Teachers always said that she was a nice girl.”

But Dennehy started to change in her mid-teens, skipping school, drinking, taking drugs and dating a man named John Treanor who was five years her senior.

Wedding plans

The 35-year-old sicko is thought to have contacted solicitors over plans to marry another female inmate.

Dennehy is in a segregation unit at Category A HMP Bronzefield after she was believed to have tried to kill herself after apparently making a grisly suicide pact with her fiancée.

Prison bosses are considering ­moving her to a psychiatric unit, reports The Sunday People.

So it is claimed the besotted duo they hope to get legal aid to be allowed to see it each other.

A source said: “Dennehy’s lover seems to go for killers. She’s had another ­girlfriend in the past who was also inside for murder.

"Now the two are launching a legal battle to get the right to spend time ­together, come what may."

When did she try and kill herself in prison?

In August 2018 it was revealed that Dennehy is believed to have tried to kill herself in jail after apparently making a grisly suicide pact with her lag girlfriend.

She is understood to have been found with her throat slit, while her lover had cut her wrists.

A source told The Sun: “When the guards found them they were entwined on the floor, which was covered in blood.

“They think they need splitting up now to make sure it doesn’t happen again.”

The pair were rushed to hospital where their injuries were treated.

They were then returned to HMP Bronzefield in Surrey.

But once back inside, Dennehy launched a second suicide attempt — which again failed.

Source: Read Full Article