Prince Charles is getting ready to celebrate his 70th birthday – and his family are going to make sure it’s one to remember.
The heir to the throne has been marking the landmark with events throughout the year, but the big day itself is on November 14.
As a royal he’s obviously not going to have a quiet night in and a Colin the Caterpillar cake, and it seems his family are preparing lots of exciting things to make it extra special.
Wife Camilla is reportedly organising a "very special" birthday for him with all his nearest and dearest – except his son Prince Harry and daughter-in-law Meghan Markle .
According to Vanity Fair , she’s planning a dinner at the palace on October 25, three weeks before his actual birthday.
A source said: "It’s going to be a very special night and Charles is very much looking forward to it."
It will feature a programme of "music, opera, ballet and Shakespearean drama".
But Meghan and Harry have a very good excuse for missing the party as they’ll actually be out of the country on their first overseas Royal Tour.
The couple are visiting Australia and New Zealand for the 16-day tour, following in the footsteps of Harry’s parents Prince Charles and Princess Diana who followed a similar route for their first official trip.
According to their official itinerary Harry and Meghan will be in Nadi, Fiji and Nuku’alofa, Tonga on October 25.
Meghan and Harry were very involved in a birthday celebration for Charles back in May, just days after their wedding, which may have been to make up for missing his other parties.
The Queen is also reportedly hosting a ‘lavish’ party for her eldest son on his actual birthday in the State Rooms at Buckingham Palace.
The Royal family
Invitations have already been sent out to hundreds of his closest friends and family, reports Mail Online .
The guest list is likely to include the close family, including Prince William, Kate Middleton, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, and other relatives.
And according to the Mail, Charles’s dad Prince Philip could make a rare appearance at the celebrations.
Meghan and Harry’s itinerary
- Tuesday 16th October: Sydney, Australia
- Wednesday 17th October: Dubbo, Australia
- Thursday 18th October: Melbourne, Australia
- Friday 19th October: Sydney, Australia
- Saturday 20th October: Sydney, Australia
- Sunday 21st October: Sydney, Australia
- Monday 22nd October: Fraser Island, Australia
- Tuesday 23rd October: Suva, Fiji
- Wednesday 24th October: Suva, Fiji
- Thursday 25th October: Nadi, Fiji and Nuku’alofa, Tonga
- Friday 26th October: Nuku’alofa, Tonga and Sydney, Australia
- Saturday 27th October: Sydney, Australia
- Sunday 28th October: Wellington, New Zealand
- Monday 29th October: Wellington and Abel Tasman, New Zealand
- Tuesday 30th October: Auckland, New Zealand
- Wednesday 31st October: Rotorua, New Zealand
Source: Read Full Article